Thursday, June 19, 2008

Chopped!

I've been chopped today. Specifically, about 12" and 10" of Otter got chopped as well! I'm talking hair. See the picture if you don't believe me. It "only" took me about 4 years to grow it, Otter was probably closer to 3 years. Anyway, both pony tails are going to be sent on their merry way to Locks of Love tomorrow. Here's their website: http://www.locksoflove.org/ Otter donated hair to them about 5 years ago and I decided that it was something I wanted to do as well. This will be her 2nd donation and my first. They are a wonderful organization.



My pony tail is the longer one, it looks lighter than Otter's hair but when I held them both up under the light they were the same color. I always thought Otter's hair was darker than mine, but they are so close that it's almost impossible to tell the difference.

I look quite a bit different. Bill hasn't quite recovered yet! :) But I'll look even more different tomorrow. My hair is very springy, it always has been. It was about shoulder length when the haircut was finished. But it's slowly getting shorter, it will end up around chin length. I was hoping for shoulder length, but in order to have enough to donate it had to be cut close to shoulder length. So I knew it would be considerably shorter, but it was worth it. Otter's new hairstyle looks really good. I'm just glad that I won't have to deal with all that impossible long hair! I might get pictures emailed out in the next day or so.

No comments: