Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm Younger Now!

At least, I am younger than my husband. For the next 6 months, that it. Then we'll be the same age for 6 months. Bill turned 47 today. I took him to lunch, and I'm going to make some steaks for his birthday dinner. He chose rice & gravy to go with the steaks, can't tell he's a Texan at all! :)

I also went to three, yes three, Braum's stores this morning on the way to work. During a thunderstorm. For a fruitless search for a strawberry cheesecake ice cream pie. I got a different story at each store as to why they didn't have any ice cream pies at all in stock. Then I went to the grocery store and bought a 1/2 gallon of Blue Bell Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream. So he won't get the exact dessert Otter and I had planned, but he'll get the next best thing.

Otter heads to camp on Monday. For any family who want to send her a card, here's the address:

(address removed)

She'll be there from Monday, 6/23 until Friday, 6/27. They will be heading home on Saturday the 28th, so any cards or mail really should be there by about Thursday to gaurantee that she'll get them. She really loved getting mail there last year.
If anybody is in the market for older electronic vacuum tubes (such as for vintage radios), check out our eBay page. We are selling them for our friend Larry's widow, and there are a bunch of them on there. We still have a lot more to list, but they do seem to be selling. Several of them have been sold to people in other countries.
I bought some flowering plants to put in the whiskey barrel planter that previously held bluebonnets. The new ones are only for summer color, it will be back to bonnets next spring. We clipped all the seed pods off of the bonnets, then discovered yesterday morning that the bag had moisture in it and they were all covered with mold. So it got tossed, much to my disgust. This morning, I discovered something very interesting. I have more bluebonnets growing out there & they are blooming! Bluebonnets in mid-June, unheard of. And a very nice surprise. I might plant my new flowers in pots instead, I don't want to disturb the bonnets. I will check later on, I might still be able to plant the flowers in the barrel, it just depends on how big the bluebonnet plant actually is. I noticed it this morning when I was backing the car out of the driveway and I haven't had a chance to go look at it yet. I probably should do that now.

No comments: