Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vacationing!

I'm on vacation, as of 2:30 this afternoon. And not a moment too soon! Froggy arrives tomorrow, Otter comes home from camp the next day and I have a whole bunch of days before I have to even think about work. Happy, Happy!

Now I just have to find something to do to keep myself occupied until I leave for the airport tomorrow to pick up Froggy for her visit. I was originally going to get groceries in the morning but I decided to do that today, so I really have nothing to do! I guess I'll just have to force myself to sit out on my deck with coffee in the morning and read. Somehow, I don't really think it's going to be too hard to make myself do that. :)

Bill has to go to work tomorrow, then he's off the next week also. I'll still get up at the normal time (5:30) so I can have breakfast with Bill, but that's about the extent of my activities tomorrow morning.

My neice (Toadly's daughter) has provided me with some natural cleaners that she uses, I'll probably post some of the recipes for those in the near future.

I think I'm going to suggest a few things to Otter for her web comics. She has some troll dolls somewhere packed away, I think I'll suggest that she add them to her comics. Remember the trolls, Froggy?

I am going to post my June book list early. I'm not sure I'll have much time to read once Froggy gets here. We have too many flea markets, thrift stores, places to go. So, here's the books I've read this month:

1. Fasting, by Jantzen Franklin. This is a subject that we've been interested in for quite some time. Bill's done it a few times, I have done it once and will again. It is part of a process, not the end goal. This book is Christian and really makes you think.
2. Mistaken Identity, by Don & Susie Van Rynn & Newell, Colleen & Whitney Cerak. This book is very good, both very inspiring and very sad at the same time. It's a true story of mistaken identity involving two girls who were in a car accident, for several weeks one girl was identified as the other girl. When the mistake was finally discovered, it was joyful for one family because they thought that their girl was dead and wasn't but it was also devastating for the other family because the girl they'd been caring for was not after all their daughter. Their daughter was killed in the accident. Their strong Christian faith is what gets them through. Keep the kleenex handy if you decide to read this one.
3. Remind Me Again Why I Need A Man! by Claudia Carroll. It sounded good but it was really stupid and I will probably not read anything else by this author.
4. Light a Penny Candle by Maeve Binchy. This is one I've read many times before and will read many time again. It's about my favorite book EVER. And that is saying a lot, since I read so much. Maeve Binchy is a very talented author and one of my favorites. She is an Irish author and I have several of her books.
5. Clever Crafting with Flea Market Finds. Forget the author's name, but it was interesting. Probably not any projects I'm going to do from this one.
6. Encyclopedia of Projects for the Weekend Crafter. Seven different authors. Lots of projects, some I might make.
7. Book of Facts by Isaac Asimov. Interesting, doorstop size book and it is FULL of information. Not a fast read!
8. Oh My Stars by Lorna Landvick. Not her best book, I've read a few by her and she's usually pretty good but I didn't care for this one. I have another one by her sitting in my "waiting to be read" pile but it might go back to the library to be checked out later.
9. Speed Bumps by Teri Garr. Autobiography and pretty good. I think I might have read it before, I realized about half way through it that parts of it were familiar. When you read as much as I do, that happens!
10. Laced by Carol Higgins Clark. Part of a series, pretty good but it is also what I consider "fluff" reading. It was a fast read. The author is the daughter of Mary Higgins Clark, who writes a lot of mysteries and is good at fluff books as well.
11. In An Instant by Lee and Bob Woodruff. Bob Woodruff is the ABC reporter who was injured in Iraq a couple of years ago. He was nearly killed, but he's managed to triumph over his injuries. I'm actually not finished with this one yet, but nearly. I will probably finish it tomorrow while I'm sitting out on my deck with my coffee.
12. The Sand Castle by Rita Mae Brown. This is also one of my favorite authors but it wasn't quite as good as her usual stuff. It's part of a series she writes, I really enjoy most of her books. She has a whole series called the Mrs. Murphy books which are really fun. Mrs. Murphy is a cat, the book series is really fun.
Our pastor, Dave, has surgery tomorrow. Any prayers will be greatly appreciated. We are confident that he will have a good report. But it never hurts to pray anyway!
Froggy - TOMORROW! Hope you got my rocks packed securely.

No comments: