Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Too Quiet!

It's too quiet at home, we're Otterless this week. I dropped her off at church on Monday morning at 7:30 and I will pick her up on Saturday at about 3:00 in the afternoon. I'm sure she's having a good time. But it will be good to have her back home as well.

Monday morning was pretty easy, Otter's alarm clock went off at 5:30 and I'd say she was dressed and ready to go about 5:33. Of course, if it had been a school day... It was slightly rainy but that ended early. The weather has been warm and dry but we have a chance of rain tomorrow evening into Thursday. Then back to warm and dry.

Otter told me Sunday evening that Maggie might get lonely, and she suggested that I sleep in her bed a couple of nights. But Maggie's been sleeping by herself! And it doesn't seem to have bothered her a bit.

Bill went to an auction yesterday. It was an Army surplus store, the owners were retiring due to health issues and instead of selling the store they decided to just close it. It's been there for many years. Bill called me shortly before I got off work and said that he needed my help, oh and could I get him lunch while I was at it? I think he was mostly just hungry! So I stopped and got him something to eat, then went over there. He bought about 15 pair of the wool socks he likes, which are nearly impossible to find. I now have a good pair of gloves, there are several that will fit Otter and hopefully we'll manage to get through next winter with at least one of the pairs still intact! He also got a boatload of shirts, some to keep and quite a few to resell in the fall since they are flannel and other long-sleeve, colder weather type stuff. He now has a good coat, he needed one. He filled up the van with all the stuff he bought, but I don't think we'll have a problem at all when it comes time to list them on eBay.

I have been able to see 2 baby doves in the nest on the porch post. We thought that there might be one, but I could clearly see two babies today. This is the second nest we've had there this year.

I re-hung my hummingbird feeder that was by the dining room window. I saw a hummer on it yesterday. I took down one of the other ones, it had been hanging for several weeks with no visitors and I figured that the food was probably rancid. There is still one more hanging, I need to get it down also. I'm not sure if I'll put either one of those back up, I may just leave the one by the dining room window up. We've also had a bunch of honeybees and bumblebees on the hyacinth plant and I noticed a fat bumblebee on the bluebonnets yesterday.
Only two more work days this week for me! Then I have a 10-day weekend. And Froggy will be here! Froggy, I hope you are up to some walking because we are gonna be busy! Hurry Friday.

No comments: