Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Calm Before The Storm

I'm going to enjoy it! The calm, that is. The storm will involve the rent house and getting it ready to put on the market. We mowed the front & back yard at home this morning and I took the weedeater to a few spots. We had planned on going to pick up some firewood and a few things this afternoon, but after we had time to think about it we decided to just enjoy the rest of the day. Translation: we are going to be lazy!

Bill's piddling around with the White Lightning and he said he might see what is in various boxes in the garage. Otter is about to play a game on her computer and I'll probably read for a while. And crochet, I'll probably do that. Big surprise, I know.

While we were out in the front, just after we finished mowing, the roofer that is supposed to come tomorrow evening drove by. Since we were out there, he stopped. He said that he usually drives by the day before an estimate so he knows which ladders, etc., to bring. He'll still come by tomorrow evening but he did talk to Bill for a while. We had the insurance inspector come out on Friday (I think it was Friday), she did confirm that there is damage and that it is storm related. But I have to call my insurance agent tomorrow. The inspector's information doesn't show quite the same coverage we think we have. We made some changes a few years ago and upgraded, but she thinks we still have what we had before. I'm hoping that her information was just old, because if it's right then it means that we have been paying for something for the last few years that we didn't get. I'm sure we all know what that means! Texas Woman Time! The inspector wasn't denying that we are covered, she just shows less coverage than we think we have. But since she still had Bill's job phone number from over 10 years ago as current, we think her information was just old.

However, we don't know when we'll get the roof replaced at this point. There are a lot of people having to get roof replacement so the companies are busy. And we have the rent house to deal with so it won't be right away. Soon, just not right away.

Now I'm going to join Otter. She's busy spoiling my doggie. He's not complaining!

No comments: