Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Ketchup

I can't believe it's already the middle of August! Where did the spring go? Summer break is already over and it's nearly Fall!

Froggy, I'm nearly through with the yarn bag I'm crocheting for you. My original thought was that you could carry your knitting in it, but since you don't seem to be very far along in your knitting lessons... :) Anyway, I'll get it finished and mailed to you this week. I'll email you and let you know when. Look inside of it, I also crocheted you two washcloths.

I've been crocheting a lot lately. Well, I normally crochet a lot anyway. But a LOT lately. And enjoying every second of it. I had several projects that were in various stages of construction, including Froggy's tote bag. I've now finished up just about all of them. I'm about to start on Otter's arm warmers, she requested that they be blue & black and purple & black. I'm making her two pair of them. They are basically fingerless gloves although they don't come down on the hands as far.

We are pretty sure that we do have roof damage from last week's storm. Bill called a roofing contractor, he came out and then sent us a proposal for $7,500.00. Which is all fine and dandy, except that he was supposed to call Bill and confirm whether or not there is damage. Nowhere on the proposal does it say anything about roof condition and Bill has called the guy a couple of times to ask specific questions but he's never in and won't return Bill's calls. Which scratches that company off the list immediately! We called a second company, the man I talked to said that he would be out Friday mid-morning. I was home all day Friday, asthma problems, and he never showed up. I left a call on his voice mail Friday afternoon. I'd better hear back from him tomorrow. Otherwise, they will be off of the list as well - actually, I think that they already are! We'll keep looking. When we were mowing last week, I found a couple of pieces of the roof tiles that Bill thought came from a corner area. Then yesterday when we was out in the back yard, he looked up and could see at least one missing tile on another part of the roof. That tile is probably the one that he found today, in the yard. We're going to call several companies this week for inspections & estimates. And since we are very picky, and insist on things being done RIGHT, we might have to talk to several. I've already talked to my insurance company, they said that we have to get the roof checked first and then talk to them about it. Well, I'm trying to do that!

We're supposed to get more rain this coming week. But I don't think it's supposed to be anything bad. We did have a sprinkle yesterday morning but it was short.

Speaking of rain, Bill's absolutely thrilled that there is a Tropical Storm Bill and he's really hoping that it does become a hurricane. Which is expected to happen, possibly soon and it could become a monster. Bill's very happy, except that he doesn't want anyone to be hurt or lose property, etc. However, he'd really like it to hit New Orleans again. In Bill's opinion, Las Vegas isn't Sin City. New Orleans is. As in Soddom and Gomorah level of sin. And he doesn't think that "they" learned the lesson from Katrina. But T.S. Bill is projected to hit Florida and go on up the east coast. Although it's still a ways out so who knows! (Yes, a ways out is correct grammar - if you are a TEXAN). (We have our own language, remember).
I mentioned tote bags earlier. (The one I crocheted for Froggy.) This is an example of how well Bill knows me: He was given one the other day when he was doing the sound for something at work. He immediately brought it home and gave it to me. I guess the first clue that I like tote bags is that I have probably 10 within easy reach. They are all used, I like to store things in them such as sewing supplies, crochet projects in the works, etc. The one he brought me is perfect to carry to work with me when I have crochet projects to work on during my lunch hour. And since I pretty much always have crochet projects to work on, it's going to get carried a lot. For the record, Froggy - I did tell him that if he really wanted to make Brownie Points with me that he needed to bring me yarn! :)

No comments: