Friday, August 07, 2009

Friday?

I sure hope so. I'm tired!

It's the first day of the 3-day Sales Tax Holiday. Clothing and shoes are exempt from sales tax and lots of stores have additional sale prices on those items. We went to WalMart this morning, Bill needed jeans so we got him a couple of pair. Then Otter went to work with me today and we hit the mall immediately after work. Along with nearly everybody else! But the stores we needed to look at are in the mall. While we were in Wallyworld, she did look but it's pretty much stuff she wouldn't be caught dead in and I don't blame her! We went to several stores, Penneys is where we usually buy a lot of clothes but apparently nobody bothered to tell Penneys that if you are going to sell clothing and advertise it as school clothes it's a good idea to check the dress code first! We found her two cute t-shirts in Sears, she tried on several but most of them were out of her size in the ones she liked. We also went to Target, but the only money we spent there was in the snack bar!

We are going to the other Sears store in our area on Sunday afternoon, since they did have a lot of the shirts she likes we've decided it will be worth the crowds.

Froggy, I got your comment about my redneck status now that we no longer have the car on blocks in the yard. But I think that Toadly is the final authority on the subject. It's one that's kind of close to his heart! :) And we have already started the process to sell the rent house, which is the one that is technically up on blocks. We're meeting with the realtor next week. Then, depending on what he says, we'll decide what the next step is.

I'm going to go prop up my sore feet now.

No comments: