Wednesday, August 12, 2009

School? Already? Gee Whiz!

School is back in session. Otter is now an official 11th grader. She survived the first day of 11th grade, although she did get lost a couple of times. It's a big campus and very spread out. Her best friend has the same lunch period, so that is a bonus.

She did have one small problem. One of the times she got lost involved going to her locker after her last class and then somewhere in there, she got confused about her location and finding the bus! She finally figured out where she should be and which door to go out, just in time to see the buses leaving the parking lot. Which is when she called me! She was kind of embarassed, but this is the first time she's ever missed her bus so I wasn't upset. She'll probably think it's funny later. I was just pulling into the driveway when she called me.

Since I had planned on a trip to buy school supplies when she got home, we just stopped at Wallyworld on the way home.

We have a tradition. Special breakfast the first day of school and then we either take her out for dinner or she gets to pick what we cook. Breakfast was biscuits and gravy. Toadly & Froggy, you'll like this - her dinner choice was to make buffalo burgers and oven fries. We'll make strawberry ice cream later, if anybody has any room for it! Otherwise, it will be tomorrow evening. Buffalo is pretty filling.
And Maggie has decided that she is entitled to sleep in my bed. She went through a spell several months ago, but she seemed to finally get the point after she'd been pushed/tossed/chased out of my bed and locked out of my room. Then a few days ago, Bill gave the dogs rawhide chips with peanut butter spread on them. It's fun to give the dogs peanut butter, they are hilarious to watch. Anyway, Frasier did his usual trick of taking his outside. Maggie licked most of the peanut butter off of hers (took her a while!), then she carried it off to Otter's bed. Otter eventually took it out of her bed, and it got put in the basket with the dog toys. I thought that Frasier had taken it out when I didn't see it in the basket. However, Otter found it. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BED! Then last night, Bill went to bed before I did. I was just sitting down to watch the news when I heard all this yelling and noise coming from our room. I started down the hallway just in time to see a beagle colored blur leaving our room and flying into Otter's room. Bill said he was nearly asleep, he rolled over and came face to face with Maggie Moo! Looks like we are going to have to re-educate the Magginator!

No comments: