Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Monday

Otter's home!

And Maggie was pretty happy to see her.  So was Frasier, but Maggie was more enthusiastic.

I was pretty happy and so was Billylboy.  But Maggie was the happiest!

Otter unloaded her suitcase directly into the washing machine.  She did shop a lot, but she bought mostly clothing & a boatload of cute socks, so she was able to get it all into her suitcase without having to ship anything home.

Anyway, Otter had a great vacation.  She got to see assorted relatives, went to a theme/water park, had many meals at various restaurants, shopped until she was exhausted and got contact lenses.

We ok'd the contact lenses for her, Nana took her to actually get them and she got them through 1-800 Contacts but actually at a WalMart pharmacy.  Only problem is that the WalMart stores in Oklahoma don't have that arrangement anymore, or so they told me when I called them just now.  They are the 2-week disposable kind, so she'll need more soon.  I called 1-800 Contacts directly and ordered a few week's worth through them so they will be shipped to us instead of WalMart.  Which is actually easier.  Otter hasn't worn them very long, she will start with them in the morning.  She had some difficulty getting them in and out at first, but that's normal.  (So she decided to wait until she got home to actually start wearing them.)  I went through that when I started wearing them.  She just has to get a little practice in, and she should be able to wear them without a problem.  She'll be used to them by the time school starts in 2 weeks.  She wants sunglasses - cool ones.  (I wore them for years, the only reason I stopped wearing them is because my eyes are just too dry for them anymore.)

Otter is pretty tired, she got up at 5:00 this morning and was at the airport about 15 minutes later.  Her flight was not until 6:15, but the security line was so long that by the time she got through it they were announcing the final boarding call for her flight so she had to run through the airport and just barely made it.  She thought that maybe the flight was early, but she called me at her plane change in Dallas and was right on time.  She said that she'll probably go to bed early tonight.  I don't blame her.

I have a frozen lasange in the oven and when it comes out, in go the garlic toast slices.  It's easy tonight.

I guess that's it for now.  Real exciting life we lead, huh.  :)

No comments: