Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Friday Friday

(I'm still title challenged, in case you can't tell.)



Froggy sent me a jokey email: 

Did You Know... One of several old weather folk lore sayings goes as follows “If the first week in August is unusually warm, the coming winter will be white and long.” That kind of winter is hardly likely in Texas but it is nice to dream about this time of year!


I guess we are in for it big-time this winter.  Better get Bill motivated to start getting firewood!
 
Hopefully, this will describe my weekend, or at least my Saturday:
 
 

Bill and Otter are trying to convince me that I really do need to make my Dr. Who scarf as close to the original as I can.  Not necessarily in the color pattern, and mine will be crochet as opposed to knitting.  But the original is 12" wide.  AND 20 FEET LONG.  Bill's been attempting to convince me that it has to be realistic, and I told Otter what he said thinking that she would be on my side.  Of course, she was on his side.  So now I have two voices, at least they are in stereo!  (For the record, it probably will be 12" wide and 20' long.)
 
But I have to finish Otter's black & white scarf first, which will either be tonight or tomorrow.  Then, I'm going to de-stash.  As much yarn as I have, and I do have a lot, my stash is actually smaller than a lot of people's.  I'm thinking I can probably get it down quite a bit, if I make the Teeth & Hair scarf.  And then I can go buy more yarn to replace what I use on the scarf!
 
Here's the original:
 
 

Mine will probably be more girly, I have a lot of bright colors that I'm going to use as well as some variegated and just whatever colors I feel like at the time.  Or I might just do a random Reach into the Stash and Grab!  Needless to say, it's not going to be a quick project.

FYI, Tom Baker really is the BEST Doctor.  Hands down, no contest.  I liked Christopher Eckleson (sp?) in the role, he was very good and David Tennant was tremendous.  But Tom Baker is the absolute best.
 
 

I just thought that this was a cute picture.  Of course, the next shot probably involved the puppy running for it's life!


I love the look on this cat's face.  I'd say that it has a serious yarn addiction.  I should know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom Baker was the original Dr right?
He was the best one. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Actually, I think he was the 4th Doctor. But he was the best, hands down no competition.