Monday, July 12, 2010

Some Miscellaneous Monday Stuff

It was back to work for me today.  I had a problem getting up at 5:00, but I was up two or three times last night because my muscles got pretty stiff.  Yesterday morning was the same, I woke up stiff & sore after not sleeping well because I was stiff & sore.  And I'm still stiff and sore!  With tender knees, not like they normally are but additionally tender because they both feel a little bruised.  The right one is bruised, and the left one just feels like it.  Also, my left arm muscles at my elbow and above it are sore, as well as my upper back and between my shoulder blades.  All thanks to falling over the dog!  None of it is bad enough to go to the doctor, it's actually better today.  I just get stiff if I don't move often and today I've spent a lot of time at my desk at work.
Trying to find the top of my desk, that is!  It was kind of buried under a mountain of paperwork.  But I made pretty good headway into getting that problem solved.  It's going to be a pretty busy week at work, but that's ok.  I had such a good time last week that I don't mind.

My box got here today.  It was around $15.00 to mail it to myself.  Everything was intact, there was no damage whatsoever.  Otter had a good time with the bubble wrap, memories of when she was little and loved the stuff.

She's been doing research regarding Maggie Moo's little problem.  Dogs can get diabetes and one of the symptoms is increased urination.  But there are a bunch of symptoms and that's the only one she has.  Actually, I don't think it's increased as much as just inside.  Same thing for urinary tract infections, so we don't think that's the problem.

It rained this morning.  I heard thunder around 3:30 (I was awake already) and then it started raining when I was on the way to work.  It was pouring by the time I got to work, but it quit long enough for me to get into the office.  It didn't rain too long, but the ground was already pretty soggy and now it's squishy.  I don't know when it's going to dry out enough for Bill to mow (he probably won't let me help) but I hope it does dry out soon.  The grass is getting tall.

Otter got to have an official Lazy Day today.  She slept in, no chores, just did whatever she wanted to.  Which mostly involved watching tv and playing video games.  I came home when I got off work and picked her up, we hit a thrift and Hobby Lobby.  I found a book at the thrift and she found some misc. craft stuff at Hobby Lobby.

Otter is going to Texas next week.  She'll be visiting Nana and seeing Aunt Froggy.  She goes next Tuesday and comes home the next Monday.  She volunteered to leave me a chore list while she's gone, but I told her that it wasn't really necessary as I have plenty already! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is only fair that she gives you a chore list, after all you gave her one.
You didn't get enough thrifting in last week? Next time we will have to get in more shopping. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

No, I got in enough thrifting. But Otter didn't get any, and she wanted to so I took her to one yesterday and one today.

Actually, she did give me a chore: I get to be Hamster Mom for a week. Bill usually gets dog detail, but in view of the fact that he's mad at Maggie Moo right now I think I'll probably take that chore as well.