Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

I'm probably re-using the title, but whatever!  It's been a long day and I'm tired.

It's been a busy week, not necessarily long but just busy.  Next week looks like it will be more of the same, busy!

We close on the refinance next week, happy happy!

Otter's finally found a pair of rain boots.  We have a store that we really like, Atwood's Farm & Ranch.  It's kind of a combination western/ranch, automotive, hardware, grocery, clothing & pet supply store.  Way "Back When", there weren't convenience stores on every corner and grocery stores were also not as many as there are today, if you lived out in the country or were a farmer then you generally would try to combine trips to town into one-stop shopping whenever possible.  Atwood's is still that type of store and it's a fun place.  They had a fairly big sale this week, and we (as usual) found things in their ad that we wanted and/or needed.  Most of it was need, but there were a few wants - we buy roasted peanuts in bulk there.  Bill likes the brand of blue jeans they carry and I generally always find something there as well.  This week, they had rain boots on sale and Otter found some that she liked.  We've seen them at Wallyworld, but they were frankly U.G.L.Y.  These are cute, blue with polka dots and they were actually a little cheaper than Wally.  I'm happy because they had coffee on sale so I bought 2 cans and am stocked on coffee for quite a while.  They also had baby chicks, but we decided that Frasier has enough to play with and/or eat at the moment.

The State Fair started this afternoon.  We're going this year, but not yet.  We're going on the last day because we'll be busy this weekend and also Otter's BF was able to get that specific day off from work because we invited him along.  I took the two of them out to the fairgrounds Tuesday after work and they got their ride passes.  I don't really do rides for the most part, I was very happy when Otter got big enough to go on most of them by herself.  I just don't particularly enjoy or care for rides, they don't scare me but I just don't like them.  However, there will still be plenty to keep me occupied!  The Fair is always a lot of fun.

I think Maggie's having a moment.  I heard her in the hallway just now, sounded like she was talking to herself.  Then she barked.  The next sound I heard was Otter yelling "MAGGIE!"  I think Maginator probably heard a dog barking outside or something, and she was just making sure that her opinion was heard.  Fraiser is out in the back yard, probably holding court on the deck.  Although I might hear him barking, I'm not sure.  It's kind of hard to hear him, out in the back of the yard and over the sound of the dryer because I'm also doing laundry.

Have I mentioned how much I hate doing laundry?

I have had a little crochet time this week, not as much as I'd have liked but at least some.  I finished the main part of the surprise item I've been working on and I have a few other projects I'm thinking about.  Well, I'm going to make them - I'm just not sure which one I'll start with is all.

I can't believe that it's almost October already!

October really only means one thing to us: 

HOOK 'EM HORNS! 

(the Game is this Saturday).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The state Fair sounds like fun. I think we are going to the Renaissance Festival in a week. We will camp out in the tent for Friday and Saturday nights. I hope the evenings are very cool and dry. Last year it was cold and wet. The cold was good, the wet was not. I have worked most of last week and this week, so I have not gotten to do any sewing.
We all know what Dad would say about the football game. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Yeah, I know what Dad would say! He always enjoyed teasing me about it.
The Fair is a lot of fun, but it's a lot of walking and very crowded. But we don't go every year and haven't been in about 4 years so we're looking forward to it.