Monday, March 21, 2011

A Couple of Spring Monday Thoughts

The last day of Fall last year was cold.  The first day of Winter was warm.  So now it's spring.  The last day of Winter was warm.  The first full day of Spring?  It's cool and windy.  We had to turn on the fan in the bedroom last night and I put the humidifier away.  So it's cool now.  Figures!


Peeps!  Always a sure sign of Spring.  And of Easter being right around corner.  Of course, most peeps are soft & squishy & pure sugar... We saw some at Target today that I've never seen before.  They are standard peeps, then covered in chocolate or a similar candy coating, then dusted with sugar.  Not sure if they sound good or not!



Otter found this a while back, last month when we were snowed in.  I forgot to post it.  It says Southerners, but it could also apply to Texans.  You might have to click on the picture to enlarge it enough to see.



This is not Frasier, obviously.  But he does this on a regular basis, when he's coming inside after a day outside.  He gets to the end of the kitchen and forgets to slow down to make the turn into the living room.  Sometimes, I have to move the table back in place because he frequently crashes into it while he's sliding and trying to turn.  Never slows him down, however.  I love the blissful expression on the face of the dog in the picture.

All for now!  Think I'm going to go see what's on tv and then probably attack a crochet project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kid1's dog does that-runs so fast she can't make the turn and runs into stuff. I love to watch her run.
I do like peeps this time of year. I have seen some at Halloween time but it is just not the same. I am going to check the ingredients for HFCS. Then if they don't have any or at least only a little I will buy some.

Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I don't know if peeps have any HFCS, they are pretty much just sugar anyway. We don't eat them often, but they just don't work at any other time than Easter!