Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday. Long Day and I'm Tired!

And Blogger is acting up again, for whatever reason.  It wouldn't let me sign in for a while, then it just got flakey.  I'm hoping that this will actually post!  I guess I'll find out.

I've enjoyed my day off.  It started with waffles, which are fun to make.  And fun to eat!  Then Otter and I hit the road with shopping in mind.

We ran a few errands such as the bank, post office, etc., but most of our day was spent trying to find something to buy.  We had very little success, but it was fun.  We were looking for Pachinko machines for Billyboy's always-expanding collection but didn't find any at all.  We have gone from finding them everywhere we turn to not finding any at all.  We stopped at a flea market and did find someone selling Girl Scout cookies, so we got two boxes of Samoas since we forgot that kind when we bought them before.  Otter wanted to look at a particular booth, but it wasn't open on Friday.  So we were on the way back to the door when we walked past a booth that was open.  And it had Fenton.  And it was cheap.  $5.00 each for two pieces.  Needless to say, they came home with me.  Both are milk glass in the hobnail pattern.  One is a vase, one is a hat - but a different style than the hat I have 4 of.  It's actually a fairly hard to find piece.  The seller knew what they were, and I enjoyed talking to someone who knew what he had but wasn't interested in skinning me.  The funny part was when he asked if I was a Tulsa native.  Which is when I pointed out my TEXAS Longhorns t-shirt.  We both laughed at that.

We went to a couple of thrift stores and antique stores.  Otter found several books and a really cute dress.  I found two more shot glasses for Bill's Useless Collection.  But we really didn't find much today.  It was still fun.  The most we spent was at the grocery store, and that was under $25.00.

When we got home, both dogs were crazed.  They were happy to see us and that turned into a session of chasing each other around the living room.  So Otter took them out to the backyard and they ran around for a while.  She ran around with them, so all three of them were tired out!

Very shortly, I'm going to head to the kitchen.  It's Friday, so we have a fun dinner.  On Friday we usually either cook something that we don't have often or will occasionally bring home something.  Tonight is Digorno's pizza.  Then I think I'm going to have a glass of wine and put my feet up.  I have tired feet, I've been on them all day.  So I think it's time to get off of them.

Now, let's see if this actually works.

No comments: