Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day, a Milestone and Other Stuff

First, the milestone:  This is Post # 1001.  Yippee!

And I can't forget about St. Patrick's Day, after all we are Irish.


I just thought that this doggie was really cute.  And the fact that it's wearing a green CROCHETED scarf/collar certainly helps with the cuteness factor.  I did briefly consider attempting to dress Frasier up, but it would end badly. :)  Anyway, I hope you all wore your green today.  We certainly did.  But we don't have a big celebration, we're not partiers.

I do have a pot of pinto beans on the stove, but I don't think that counts!  I guess I could consider the cornbread I'm also going to make as Irish, but it would be a stretch.

I am taking tomorrow off.  Otter and I are going to shop!  We have a couple of thrift stores we want to go to, at least two antique-ish stores and wherever else we feel like.  We did discuss a ramble trip with Bill, but we decided to wait a little while on that.

Otter went to work with me today, we went to the mall for lunch.  We had Chick-Fil-A and then we still had time to look at a few stores.  She found some really cute earrings, and made a point of showing me a couple of t-shirts and then talking about the fact that her birthday is 2 weeks from today.  I got the point, Otter!  But you still have to wait until your birthday to find out what we get you.  We went to the library after work, Otter had to text me from the second floor of the library to tell me that she had lilterally gotten more books than she could carry.  That's my girl!

It's really nice today.  It's in the low 80's and sunnny, there is a breeze that is stiff at times but it is a very pleasant afternoon.  When we got home, Otter took the dogsters out to the back yard and let them run around for a while.  She also played the game we call Winding the Beagle!  It's easy.  All you need is a beagle, and a lot of running room.  Place one hand on the beagle's head, the other on the beagle's rear part.  Then you turn said beagle in a circle, the proper Beagle Turning Manuever is done multiple times and sort of quickly.  Then, you get out of the way as fast as you can!  The next step is to watch the beagle run around and around and around and around the yard - she's not dizzy, she's energized.  Beagle Winding is best accomplished by running around with the wound-up beagle.  Frasier likes to play Wind the Beagle.  He doesn't like to be wound up, but he does like the after affect of all that running and running and running and running...  Then the beagle will collapse in a heap somewhere and snooze.  Preferably, as close to her Otter as she can get.  But anywhere will work.

I'm just glad that tomorrow is Friday, and that I'm off.  It's been a looooooooooong week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had cornbeef and cabbage. Froggy