Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Sickies

Well, we're still sick.  I didn't sleep the best last night, but Bill was even more restless than I was.  Neither of us felt very good this morning, although Otter felt great.  She had a long nap yesterday afternoon, then went to bed early with a bad headache.  She was fine this morning.  I didn't really feel up to going in to work, and neither did Bill.  I did feel better than I have been, but not really good.  Bill was starting to cough more than he had been, so I decided he needed to go to the doctor.

So, after breakfast, we tossed Otter in the car (ok, she got in the car under her own power!) and dropped her off at college.  Then, we went across the street to a **walk-in clinic we like and were the first ones in the door.  I was thinking that if Bill turned out to have something seriously contagious, that I'd be checked out as well.  But Bill doesn't have anything spectacularly bad, "just" an upper respiratory infection.  However, it's becoming bronchitis.  So, he's on antibiotics and a cough medicine.  Since I'm actually getting better, I decided against being examined.  If I start feeling worse, I'll go in.  But I'm actually a lot better so I think I'm on the mend.  The doctor agreed with me, by the way.

Otter and I started treating the symptoms as soon as we noticed them.  Bill kept thinking that he was having an allergy problem, and tried to tough it out.  As a result, Otter is fine and I'm much better but Billyboy is not.  Major denial on his part, since he's the most un-allergic person I know, but that's his typical thing to do when it comes to things medical. :)  I really think it's just a guy thing.  Bill has an excuse for today and tomorrow.  Also, he'll have Doctor Otter at home with him tomorrow.  She'll keep him in line!

(**We have a family phyisician, but it's getting harder & harder to get a same-day appointment with her and we are actually considering changing.  Also, she doesn't use the hospital we prefer and the clinic we went to is a satellite clinic of that hospital.)

I brought Billyboy back home, then I went to Walgreen's and got his prescriptions filled.  I also ran into Wallyworld and got chicken soup supplies.  But mostly we've just been home taking it easy.  I did a little crochet for a commissioned project which I'm about 1/2 way done with.  And I made chili for lunch.  I guess it was hot, I put plenty of chili seasoning in it, but I'm kind of stuffy and my sense of taste isn't exactly 100%.  But, it did help with the stuffiness and chili is just plain good at anytime.

While I was on the way to Walgreen's, I saw a coyote.  It was casually walking across the road, and it really looked like Frasier.  He's got the size and body shape, along with most of the coloration and the fur.  And the tail!  While I was waiting in the drive-through line to pick up the prescriptions, I watched a squirrel burying something for winter.  They are funny, squirrels are kind of crazy and comical.  I guess it was an animal day today, because we also saw two or three large flocks of geese while waiting for the clinic to open.  Most likely, they were pond-hopping and part of the resident flock at Otter's school.

I have to pick up the Otter in a couple of hours, and the doggies might get to go with me.  They got a short ride yesterday, when we took the movie back to the video store.  Tomorrow, they get a ride as well.  But they probably won't enjoy that one as much.  Since it's to the vet for shots & Maggie's butt-squish!

It's not really warm today, but it's not really cool either.  We are supposed to have a cold front hit tonight and we could get lots of wind and rain when it does.  The next few days should be in the 70's and 60's.  We could possibly get our first frost sometime this week, I forget which evening but it's not supposed to be a hard freeze.  Just a frost.  So it might not even be enough to affect the ragweed, but it does mean that winter is on it's way.  Not a moment too soon, as far as the ragweed goes.  Hate the stuff!

No comments: