Sunday, October 02, 2011

Sunday Sneezes

Achoo!

We've been doing a lot of that lately.  Today, especially.  But that might be because Otter gave the living room and Fenton a good dusting.  Which it needed, by the way. Bill's also been raising dust, as he is (finally) (begining to) getting the pachinko clutter in the living room under control.

The ragweed is still bad here, but it pretty much is everywhere this time of year.  Until we get a good freeze, we'll have to deal with it.  Also, goldenrod is blooming and it's nearly as bad as ragweed.  We still have morning glories, but they are pretty to look at without being an allergy factor.

Bill mowed the back yard after we got home from church today.  The front looks ok, so he's leaving it for a few days.  I brought in my humming bird feeders today, they are going to get a good cleaning and then be put away until next Spring.  It's still too early yet to put the seed feeders out.

We went to the dollar store today.  We do that fairly often, but we haven't been up there in a couple of weeks.  We made up for our absence today!  The cookie jar is now full, for one thing.

Otter is busy typing away at the moment, school work.  Is it still called homework at the college level?  That's what I'm calling it anyway.  She seems to be really enjoying college, and she also seems to be doing well with the workload.  She's taking 13 hours this semester.  Our music minister at church just sent his last kiddo off to school, she's away at college so they have a really empty nest.  I asked him today how they are doing, and he said that he and his wife have scheduled a bunch of things to do so they keep busy and don't have time to dwell on the fact that they have no more kids at home.  We still have about 2 years before Otter will most likely be heading off to dorm life.  I say "most likely" just for Bill's sake - he's not dealing well with the idea!  Suddenly, it's not so abstract anymore and Dad is having difficulties - he's going to be really bad when she's actually off somewhere.  I'm not looking forward to it, I think it will be good for her but I am going to be the one who has to deal with SadDad!  (Froggy, I bet you know what I'm talking about.)  Also, for reference:  Otter's new boyfriend will be referred to on here as HP because I think he looks like Harry Potter.

I put several rows on my afghan yesterday.  It's coming along nicely, but it's back in the tote bag I keep it in for a while.  Yesterday was cooler than it has been, but the afghan is really warm and getting to the stage where it's like a blanket on me as I work on it.  But I'm really pleased with it.

Movie Review:  Transformers Dark Side of the Moon.  Too long!  Not well written, not well acted and just not really very good.

I think it's time to go wake up a dog or two, they could probably use some backyard play time.  Or a snooze in the sunshine, which is what Maggie usually does after they run!  Frasier usually finds a spot to nap, but Maggie has her spot she prefers:  right in front of the back door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What new BF? Froggy

Otter Mom said...

The new one, obviously!