Saturday, October 15, 2011

Satuday, Mid-October Evening

Can't think of a good title tonight!

Anyway, I just re-read my last week's worth of posting and I have to say that it was a boring week!  I'm glad it's a new week, but it's kind of hard to believe that the year is coming to an end rapidly.  It's been a busy year.

We're all fighting allergies.  Bill has it the worst, which is unusual.  Also, the fact that he even has allergy problems is unusual.  He's spent the last two nights coughing, restless and snoring LOUDLY since he's stuffy.  Which means that I have had little sleep the last two nights, and have been resorting to using my ear plugs.  He doesn't snore much, but when he does...

I started a new crochet project today.  Otter likes arm warmers and we finally found a pattern that she likes.  I had started a pair for her a while back, making the pattern myself, but I didn't like the way it was turning out.  So, we've been looking for patterns for a while and finally found one.  She picked out the yarn a few weeks ago, but I had a couple of other projects to work on and also wanted to work on it when I had the time to really concentrate on it with few interruptions.  I've only done about 5 rows on it, but they are not big and it's going fast.  It's basically a miniature version of the same stitch pattern I'm using on my afghan, with a few differences.

I didn't put anything on last Sunday's blog (because I was tired and in a hurry), but we had company last Saturday.  Both of Billyboys's sisters were in town and were over Saturday afternoon.  Bill got to use his grill (first time all year, I think, due to the burn ban we had with the hot weather and no rain), and we served burgers & dogs.  Hot dogs, not beagles & chupas!  We had a really nice visit and enjoyed getting to see them.

Guess that's it for tonight!  I'm going to go chase Bill down now and force him to take an allergy pill. :)

No comments: