Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sick & Tired of Being Sick & Tired

I didn't even attempt to go in to work today, I knew I wouldn't make the day.  I do feel a little better this evening, but I felt pretty cruddy this morning.  Bill did go in, but he only lasted about an hour and his boss actually started telling him to leave about as soon as he showed up.  He's probably taking tomorrow and Friday off.  I think I'll be back at work tomorrow, how long I stay there will be determined tomorrow. 

I had a quiet day, mostly spent on the couch.  I had a short nap, crocheted some and watched NCIS reruns because there is very little interesting stuff on daytime tv!  I did manage to watch 2 episodes of Say Yes to the Dress, and they were actually ones I had not seen before.  But mostly, I was lazy and so were the pups.  Bill was a little more active than I was, but not much.  He just didn't get the nap in until later in the afternoon.  He's coughing less than he was Sunday but more today than he has been.  He's still on his mega cough suppressing medicine.

We had Hamburger Helper for dinner.  We hardly ever eat it, but once in a while it's good.  It's loaded with bad stuff, but it makes an easy meal when I need one.  We have a freezer full of chicken soup, we've had it every day since Monday and we like it but I'm tired of it.  I told Otter that she needs to bake something tomorrow.

It could freeze tonight.  It was pretty cold last night, but I'm not sure exactly how cold.  I think it was in the 40's.  We still had the fan on in the bedroom, the house was warmer than the outside was and probably will be tonight as well.  We aren't turning the heater on yet, tonight is supposed to be the coldest night this week and the days are forecast for 60's.  But soon enough, it will be time to put the fan away and get the humidifiers out.

That's it for tonight!

No comments: