Friday, September 30, 2011

Pearls of Wisdom

The first title was going to be Pearls of Great Price, but I don't think pearls are all that expensive.  Of course, it's been about 6 years since I had to buy one so I'm no expert!

Anyway, the pearl in question is the pearl that I lost from my engagement ring in June.  I have not gotten it replaced, because we had other things we needed to do with our funds.  Such as oral surgery, college expenses and car stuff.  The pearl is the same one that I bought 6 years ago, to replace one that was scratched & badly damaged because pearls are delicate.  The remaining pearl in my ring is one of the original ones.

Back to the story.  We had a mini-fridge given to us several months back.  We used it for cokes (Texas coke can be any variety of soda), the rare beer that Bill drinks (he doesn't like Okie beer) and my wine.  But it quit working several weeks back and we (Bill!) kept forgetting to take it out for the trash.  He remembered this morning, so he carried it out to the curb with the trash.  Where, incicdentally, it's still sitting because the trash men didn't take it!  But the point is, after I held the door open for him and came back in to the kitchen to sweep where it had been sitting:  I found my pearl!  It apparently fell out of the ring when I was in the kitchen and it rolled under the mini-fridge.  It's now in my jewelry box, along with the ring, until I get it fixed.  I'm thinking that I might just get my needle-nosed pliers and super glue it in myself.  The jeweler I used when I bought the pearl is the same one who resized my rings and also repaired my wedding band.  But they also had to re-glue the pearl at one time, a couple of years ago.  I'm not impressed with their track record as far as the pearl goes.


This guy was crawling up the one remaining jalepeno plant yesterday.  Very slooooooooooowly, he wasn't in a hurry at all.  He's also a big one.

Also, the TEXAS/ou game is about a week off.  The persecution seems to have started, judging by the number of times I've been tailgated this week.  Whatever, they can be stupid all they want.  We are always extremely careful drivers this particular week, and possibly for a few days after the game.  Especially on years when we win!

Hook 'em!

No comments: