Sunday, September 04, 2011

Sunday Wandering

We have been Wandering today.  We went to a neighboring small town, about 1/2 hour away and where we've been before.  We hit a couple of junktique stores and didn't find much.  But it was still fun.  The only thing we actually bought was lunch, at Taco Bell/KFC.  And Otter spent 10 cents on something.  Big spenders, right?

We're having neighbor troubles again.  The police were at the door about 2:00 this morning, she called them again and said that the dog was barking.  This time, he was.  The reason?  Because lovely neighbor and her company were standing out on her back porch having a very LOUD conversation and the dog was barking at them - in other words, the dog was doing his job.  She doesn't have the guts (polite word for what I'd really like to say) to come talk to us face to face, but she did leave a rude note stuck under the windshield of my car.  RedHeadTexanWoman would like to come out and play, but I'm not letting her out at this point.

All of lovely neighbor's problems with us started when she let her cat out and Frasier killed it.  In our yard.  She claims that her daughter let the cat out, but that wasn't the first time it had happened and we were never really sure that the daughter actually did it.  Bill said he did consider digging the cat back up from where it's buried in our back yard and taking it back to her.  But he decided that would just inflame things.  However, we are watching things and waiting because we expect more.  In the meantime, I'm keeping the note and making my own notes on what is happening and what has happened before.  Such as her dogs breaking through the fence and getting into our yard more than once, and her dogs breaking through the fence & biting Maggie.  There are a few other examples.  The previous neighbor didn't have a problem with our dogs, and neither did this one - until her cat was let out and that wasn't our fault, either.

It's just frustrating.  We are keeping our gate locked anyway.  Bill said that he is afraid of finding our tires slashed or something similar, I'm more concerned with something being thrown over the fence to the dogs that could harm them.  Or worse.  If that happens, we are immediately taking them to the vet and asking for poison tests (hopefull this won't happen).  And then we'll go to the police and probably a lawyer as well.  Anyone who knows us will know that we are the least likely to ever go the lawyer route, but we will if we have to.

OK, subject change.  Flu shots.  I have had a slight reaction, about normal.  I have had some tiredness but that could also be from being awake a good part of last night.  Otter was doing fine, but then she threw up last night.  She was fine before and after, so that could have been a flu shot reaction but might not have been.  Either way, it's still a whole lot  better than actually getting the flu.

Froggy, I thought I was through with your sock monkey hat.  But I'm having a rethink.  I crocheted two small circles with black yarn for the eyes, but they made it look really creepy.  So I think I'm going to go back to the button idea.  I have to get larger buttons than what I have, which will probably be tomorrow.  I'm about 1/2 way through with doing the tails on the scarf.  I will get them in the mail as soon as I can, probably about Tuesday or so.  I'll let you know.

It's nice today, it was a little over 100 yesterday but it didn't feel that hot.  Then we had a cold front come through last night.  It's in the 80's now, it was cooler and cloudy this morning.  We had a couple of short sprinkles earlier.  After we got home from our Wandering, Bill mowed the lawn and I did some weeding in the rock garden.  Now it's sunny but there is a nice breeze.

We are going to celebrate Labor Day with steaks.  I might get to the grocery store tomorrow sometime, but we don't have anything big planned.  Bill has a few projects he wants to do involving pachinko machines and possibly Otter & I will go to a thrift store or maybe the Dollar Store.  But mostly we are just going to do whatever and enjoy the day off.

We still have hummingbirds, we'll have them for a few more weeks.  I refilled both feeders yesterday.  But it will be time to switch to seed feeders soon enough.  Guess I'd better get busy and see if I need to repair or replace any of my bird feeders.

In the meantime, we're just enjoying the nice weather.  It's not officially Fall for 3 weeks, but it feels like it today.  Except that my feet aren't cold yet.  They will be, as soon as I realize that it really is September!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we spent labor day with kid1, his future wife, and kid2. We went to Barton springs. This is a natural pool supplied by a spring. The water is always around 68 degrees. It was a lot of fun. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I remember Barton Springs. I'd imagine that it felt really good with the hot weather.