Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday Stuff

Probably should be titled Boring Thursday Stuff!  It's an "ehh" day today.

It's cooler, which is good.  It was in the low 50's this morning and I probably could have used a jacket today.  I was in a hurry to get out the door in time so I wouldn't be late to work, and a jacket was the last thing on my mind.

What was on my mind?  Bill not being able to get his car started (turned out to be the battery) and the fact that I had to wait on the dentist to call me back before I could leave.  The reason for the dentist's call is because I lost a crown last night.  The same one that has the small cavity under it, the same one that the crown was going to have to be removed which would probably destroy the crown and that would mean getting a new one.  However, it popped off last night and looks like it's in good shape, so maybe it can be reused instead of having to get a new one made.  But, I think it's pretty old, like over 20 years so it might still have to be replaced.  It came off because I did something I hardly ever do:  I ate (attempted to eat anyway) a piece of caramel.  I hardly ever eat anything like that because it doesn't really work, with dentures.  I called the dentist this morning and they are closed until Monday.  I left her a message and she called me back, they are actually out of town.  Since I'm not having any pain, she told me that I could go to her on-call replacement or I can wait until Monday.  I think I'm going to wait until Monday, when she is back, and then see her.  I figure that this is a good time to get the filling, since the crown is already off.  If she can't replace the same crown, then I'm probably going to see if she can fill the cavity and the crown might be done later.  They ain't cheap!  But we'll make that decision on Monday.  We're still paying off Otter's oral surgery.

Otter's dealing with allergies today.  She has been home all day, she doesn't have classes on Tuesday or Thursday so those are her homework days.  She's had a sinus headache for a while and took Motrin, but now she's following the beagle's example and taking a nap.

Bill was also home today, dealing with the car.  He has had a couple of hours on uninterrupted time to work on the pachinko machine he's currently refurbishing.  It's a lot of work, time consuming and tedious.  It's not heavy lifting, but it makes up for it in details!

I have not had any crochet time at all this week.  I thought I might get some crochet in Tuesday evening, but things kept coming up and I finally just gave up on the idea.  Maybe tonight?  I hope so, I get cranky when I don't get to play with my yarn!

But before I head in the direction of my stash, I'm going to make dinner.  Chili tonight.  It's a good day for chili, seeing as it's pretty cool and cloudy.

Of course, to a TEXAN, it's always a good day for chili!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chili does sound good. I am having breakfast for supper, since it is just me. I am having allergy problems also. I think it is stuff in the air from all the fires in the area. I got Lee's quilt top finished. Now I have to go get the batting and then put the quilt sandwich together. Then it will need to be quilted, but Kid3 has the quilt hoop with her at college so she can quilt her quilt.Froggy

Otter Mom said...

You need another quilt hoop!

We're all having allergy issues, but Otter's are the worst right now.