Thursday, September 08, 2011

Fixin' To

As we are all aware, or should be aware of anyway, Texans have their own language.  One of our favorite words is Fixin'.  Usually, it's followed by the word To.  We use it a lot and it has a variety of uses.  Today, I saw it in a unique way.  One that I really liked.  It was a license plate!  On a pickup, a real pickup and not a show truck.  Then I noticed that the trailer hitch was a specific shape - the state of TEXAS.  Then I noticed that the driver also had a TEXAS flag emblem sticker in the back window.  It made me happy this morning, especially since the driver was female.  RedHeadTexanWoman was really happy!

Anyway, I'm fixin' to talk about other stuff.

Like the weather.  It's been really nice the last couple of days.  Today was beautiful, slightly warm but not hot.  Slight breeze, blue skies with only a few clouds and just generally a nice day.  But I can tell that Fall is not far away.

Otter and I went to the library today.  Big surprise, right?  :)  She got her usual boatload of books.  Then she had to go get another card, since the Future Librarian lost hers.  I think she's on her 4th card, but it might only be her 3rd.  I don't think she's amused that I'm amused, but I do see some serious irony there.  Actually, one of her cards had to be replaced because she'd worn it out, which is not necessarily a bad thing!

Ragweed is high.  It will be until we get a good freeze.  Which is another reason I'll be glad to see winter!  We're all sneezing.

Soon, not sure how soon, but soon:  I'm going to get political.  Just so nobody can say that they weren't warned!  Not that it matters really, this is our blog and you get our opinions.  But I thought that the polite thing to do is put out a warning.  It's no secret, never has been and never will be a secret, that we are an extremely conservative family.  That we're Pro-Life, among other things.

And happily so.  And that won't ever change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cooler here in the mornings, but we are going to get back to 100 in a few days. Our real problem are the wildfires. There is smoke in the air and so we have air quality alert days. The smoke really bothers me. There was a grass fire about 8 miles from us on Friday, this one did not get any houses, but it did add smoke. The fire around Bastrop has burned almost 1400 houses. There was one fire to the south that was started by people burning something. Then there was 1 fire started by the San Antonio Water District truck.Froggy