Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Bounce!

Otter's bouncing.  She has the hiccups, loud ones. She says that they are painful.  And that they make her bounce.  That sounds lilke some serious hiccups!  Otter has never been able to make herself burp, she simply can not do it.  None of the standard remedies seem to work, so she's just going to have to tough it out.  She gets hiccups frequently.  I had them earlier and I tried to give them to Frasier, but they bounced off of him and landed on Otter.

Frasier deserved them, he got a baby bird.  It was a young mockingbird, which is a bad thing.  Actually, I'm not really sure if he got it or if he found it.  There aren't any nests in the yard as far as we can tell, and there weren't any mad parents in evidence, either.  We saw a hawk fly very low across the yard, probably about 5 feet high and into the yard next door.  I'm thinking that maybe the hawk dropped his dinner on the return trip.  It could at least have been a starling, not a mockingbird!

I let the dogs in from the back yard and that's when I realized that he had something in his mouth.  Otter didn't see it at first, but she did hear me and she said that she was afraid it might be another hairless cat.  I'm glad it wasn't, but honestly if he ever gets another one I don't think we'll even tell the neighbor.  Just bury it in the back yard and be done with it.

The dogsters have been locked in the last couple of nights, they seem to be doing ok.  We take them out frequently to play in the back yard anyway, so they get a trip outside shortly before we go to bed.  Sometimes, they go willingly.  But I think that they are afraid we're going to put them out and leave them, so sometimes they (mostly Maggie) have to be encouraged to go outside.  We let them out when we get up about 5:00 and they get breakfast after that.

The weather has been so nice this week.  It got to 49 in this area early this morning.  It was cool enough that we could have worn jackets this morning.  Fall is just a couple of weeks away, and that means that winter is not far behind.

Winter.  Snow.  Ice.  Cold.  Well, I can do without the ice part of the equation but hurry winter!  But let me get the firewood ordered first.  :)

No comments: