Friday, September 02, 2011

Friday. Flu Shots and Redhead Stuff!

Well, the Redhead curse did make it's appearance when we got our flu shots this afternoon.  But, only mildly.  I rembered to warn the tech before he gave me the shot, and then I just had a little bit of bleeding.  So he stuck a cotton ball and a bandaid on my arm, and it was fine.  I'll have to take the bandaid off soon, as I'm allergic to the adhesive.  But that's not a redhead thing, just an Ottermom allergy thing.

Otter did fine, no blood at her injection but then she seldom ever has.  She has her own version of the Redhead Curse including the bleeding, but not usually when she gets shots.

We got our fajitas after the shots, and we are all now happily stuffed.  The ice cream is going to have to wait!  Nobody's got any room for it.

It's been about an hour and a half since the shots, I'm starting to feel tired which is generally the first thing.  I might feel cruddy this evening, hard to say, but I won't be surprised.  I have a touch of a headache, but I had a lot of sinus pressure before the shot so it might not be connected.  I've also tried to have two nosebleeds in the last couple of days, which is also allergy related and not helped by the fact that I took a couple of aspirin a couple of days ago when my stupidleftknee was acting up.

Froggy, I am nearly through with the purple hat for your friend.  I have 3 or 4 rows left, and then I'm going to make a couple of lavender flowers to put on it.  The scarf is done, it turned out really nice but I still have to do tails.  Which means I have to weave in all the loose ends.  I don't think it's going to have fringe, it looks fine without it.  I'll get pictures taken after both pieces are finished, and then I'll post them on the craft blog.  I'll let you know when I get them to the post office, I'm thinking it will probably be mid-week next week.  I'll email you.

There was more I wanted to say, but I can not remember.  So, I guess that I'll post this and go play on the internet for a while.  Then, I might just have to get into that ice cream!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

senior moments already? She will love the scarf. Thank you Froggy

Otter Mom said...

No, not senior moments. Flu Shot reaction moments! Besides, you are older than I am!