Friday, April 13, 2012

It's Just Friday

And not a moment too soon!

Although it really hasn't been a bad week.  I just needed it to be Friday from about the second I got out of bed on Monday morning.

I heard tree frogs this afternoon, they were in the front yard somewhere and they were actually pretty loud.  It was just barely sprinkling, but apparently that was enough to start them singing.

We're having chili tonight.  No reason, other than we're TEXAN and eat it a lot.  We haven't had it in a couple of weeks actually, so we're overdue for it.

Otter's off with her girlfriends, running around somewhere.  She'll be home this evening.  I met her at college on my lunch hour and got her laptop, she also loaded me up with all her books and a lot of other misc. stuff which were in a grocery bag and I think included the clothes she started out in this morning because she was wearing something else entirely when I got there.  Part of their activities this afternoon including going to IHOP to eat.  So, I've been wanting pancakes all afternoon!

Maybe I'll make them this weekend, because I need chili more.

We could get bad weather this weekend.  Yes, the stuff referred to as "Springlike Storms" that we don't like.  Maybe rain tonight and thunder storms, but tomorrow night is the really bad chance.  It's not comforting, when they start the warnings this far in advance.  So, please think good non-twisty/windy/bad weather thoughts for us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it is the weekend, but I will be gladder when it is Monday. Getting the house ready to list is a lot of work.
We have having vegetarian chili for lunch. Maybe we will have pancakes for supper.
I am thinking non-twisty/windy/bad weather thoughts. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Otter said that they never actually made it to IHOP. They went to one mall and then to another, and they ate at the food court. They also hit the candy store, which accounted for most of what they actually ate! I still want pancakes.