Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Monsters

I've created a monster.

Details to follow.

Well, it's Sunday again.  It's been a busy one, too.  We went to church and were home just after 10:00.  Bill needed something from Radio Shack, so Otter and I went with him.  We also went to a flea market/craft store/antique/junk store that someone he works with saw a pachinko machine at.  The machine was there, but it turned out to be one we'd already seen on Craigslist.  It was in very rough shape, which we (nicely) told the original seller on Craigslist but he insisted that it was a) rare and b) worth a whole lot of money.  Instead, it was a) in terrible shape and what is known as a parts machine because it only has worth as being something parts can be taken from to repair other machines, and b) maybe worth $30.00 IF the buyer was in a generous mood.



We also went to Big Lots while we were out.  I have a really nice desk that I really like, it's just the right size.  But I needed something in the way of storage for misc. stuff that I'm tired of hunting for or moving out of my way when I need to sit at my desk.  We bought some plastic drawer units at Big Lots a while back (some of them are visible in the Sunday S.A.B.L.E. post and are holding part of my yarn stash).  I realized that one would fit perfectly in the corner between my desk and the wall, and that it would be perfect for what we need.  They still had a few of them, so we bought one.  Then, Otter had to ride home with part of it in her lap because it's too long to fit in the trunk.  She didn't mind, which was fortunate - but she wouldn't have had a choice anyway! :)


We had a really nice Saturday as well.  I never quite got my usual Saturday Afternoon nap, but that's because I had pizza dough in the bread machine and then it had to go through the rise cycle which meant that I had to keep getting up to check it and prep it for the next stage.  But it was still a nice day, for one thing the weather was absolutely beautiful.  It was sunny but cool, very little breeze and the birds were everywhere.  We sat out on the deck and watched/listened to them for a while in the afternoon.  Bill got a little bit pink because he was in the sun just a little too long.



Today's cooking adverntures were fairly low-key.  I made a (huge) pot of pinto beans and two pans of cornbread.  Always good!  I have a pretty big bowl in the fridge for us to eat during the week, 6 containers in the freezer for Bill's eventual lunches and a larger container in the freezer to take to Grandpa and Sweetie sometime this week.

Oh yeah - that monster I mentioned earlier?

Look:


Then look closely at the next picture:


Those aren't my hands.

And I'm delighted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great when we pass on to our kids something that we love. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Yes, it really is. And Mom probably felt the same way, since we got the crafting gene from her!