Thursday, April 19, 2012

Not Quite Friday

For some reason, I haven't been able to come up with a really good title for a while now.  No idea why, but the fact that this has been a wild week and I'm teeeiiiired might have something to do with it!

Today is April 19.  It's an important day in the history of Oklahoma, and the US.  Here's my post I wrote after we visited the Memorial in Oklahoma City:


I actually thought that tomorrow was the 19th, until we were watching the news this morning and they were talking about the bombing.  I was a day off, today is not the 18th but is in fact the 17th anniversary.

I had a pretty busy day at work, but I did manage to get a few things accomplished.  Unlike most other days this week!  I met Bill for lunch at Schlotzky's.  We don't eat there very often but it's always good.  After work, I picked Otter up and we ran several errands.  She needed something from Hobby Lobby, so we went by there for her.  We also went to Wallyworld for groceries, which seemed to take forever.  After we got home and got the trunkful of groceries shifted to the kitchen, I had to make a quick run back there to return the ground turkey meat that was obviously rancid as we discovered by the smell when the package was opened.  They gave me my money back, I didn't expect a problem.  But the clerk said that she was just going to take my word for it and not open the ziploc package I put it in.  Then she laughed because the computerized readout on her register told her (in capital letters I think) not to restock the item!  We both thought that was amazing, the thought that anyone would restock something like that.  I usually buy the larger 3-lb package of the ground turkey, then we split it into one pound packages in ziploc bags and put it in the freezer until we need it.  I haven't been able to find the 3-lb packages lately, the company apparently has decided to change their packaging up and they are now in a 3-lb roll (or chubb).  This was the first and probably last one I'll buy, if I can't see the actual meat I won't buy it.  I'll go back to buying the smaller packages, even though they will cost more.  In the long run, I think it's worth it.

For the record, we are firmly on Ted Nugent's side.  His comments were not threats at the president, but they were very much Free Speech.  We've always liked him, his music is probably not the most spectactular - although I did listen to a lot of it in high school, but his general attitude fits right in with our family.

I posted about Otter's pony that she refurbished, here's the link to the craft blog posting:


She sold it today.  For $10.00.  Pretty good for a small plastic pony!

She's going to work on a couple more, she had started a couple but has not had much time this week.  She's going to get back to work as soon as she can, but she's not going to make a huge inventory.  Just a few, and as they sell she'll decide about making more.

We think she did pretty good, considering that she paid hardly anything for the supplies she used.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations otter.
Froggy