Sunday, April 15, 2012

Stormy Sunday

It has been a little stormy today.  Not bad, but still wet & noisy.  Fortunately, yesterday and last night were not stormy for us.  We did not get the expected/forecasted tornadic storms that were to hit yesterday afternoon or overnight.  However, the northwestern part of the state did and it was bad.  5 deaths in one small town.  While we are thankful that we were spared, we feel bad for the people who were hit.

Our forecast kept changing, the storms were first expected to hit Friday evening and then it was Saturday afternoon.  Then it got pushed back to Saturday evening, then Saturday night and then this morning.  They got the final time right, we got thunderstorms about 6:30 this morning and they lasted for a while.  But there were not bad.  Just noisy.

We decided not to attempt church, since were were afraid we'd get caught in a storm.  It was pretty windy, at one point this morning it looked like the rain was going sideways.

Since we were home, we had pancakes.  Otter and her friends never quite made it to IHOP on Friday but I'd been wanting pancakes ever since then so we had them this morning.

It cleared up for a while, so Otter and I ran a couple of errands.  We went to two thrift stores while we were out.  She found a cute skirt & blouse at one, and I found yarn at the other.  I've totally fallen off of the de-stash wagon.  But I'm not complaining, $1.00 per skein of unused, clean yarn is practically free.  I bought 8 skeins and one other that was 50 cents but is probably hardly used.  Of the ones I bought today, 3 of them are purple with flecks of another color and are a few years old - vintage yarn is always a good find - and will probably be used for a project for Otter.  Some of the others are a softer yarn in turquoise color that I have some of already but needed more for the project I have in mind for it.

Bill & I got out in the garage this morning and he did a little bit of cleaning/decluttering.  We didn't stay out there nearly as long as we wanted to because the humidity was so high.  Humidity and my lungs don't get along, it's one of my bigger asthma triggers.  He got a little bit cleaned out though.

The rain barrel is empty.  I was getting water out of it yesterday so I could water my indoor plants, and it was grody.  Grey/black in color and it smelled really bad.  So we opened the spigot and let it all drain out.  Bill thinks that the filter needs to be replaced, since it was probably decomposing leaves and so forth.  It was really horrible.  We closed the spigot after it was completely emptied, but we did get a lot of rain today so it might have more water in it.

Froggy, hang in there.  You'll find a house!  Sooner or later.  We just hope it's sooner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just had some wind, no rain. We spent the day and the weekend getting the house ready to list, still working on it. Looks like 1 more week and it will be ready. Then back to house hunting. I want to find a house sooner rather than later. Froggy