Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday. Mom Thoughts

Thoughts both as a mom and about mine.

We lost Mom on this date in 2001.  Froggy was thinking about having peach cobbler tonight, we're having apple pie.  Froggy makes her cobbler from scratch, but I'm not a pie cook so I cheat and buy a frozen one.  But it still counts.

Froggy commented on my last entry, the one that shows Otter's hands involved in crochet.  She said that it was great to pass things on to our children, and I have to agree.  Froggy is a quilter, and her daughter (KN3) loves to sew.  My passion/obsession is crochet, and Otter seems to be a natural at it.  We're both crafty, Froggy and myself, and we got it from Mom.  Mom was always doing something, usually it involved sewing or paint but she had varied interests.  But I didn't get the crochet from her - I taught her actually, after I learned in 6th grade.  But there are a lot of other crafty things that she passed down to me.

And I'm grateful.

The list includes the fact that Froggy and I are both avid readers and so are our daughters.

My rock garden is directly inspired by Mom's, and so it the fact that Otter loves rocks.

Mom always had a soft spot for babies and animals.  They always liked her back.  Dad was the big "dog whisperer" of the family and he loved babies just as much, but Mom had something special when it came to babies.  Otter shares that trait.

Family.  Our most important earthly treasure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree froggy