Monday, April 09, 2012

Monday After Easter...

Known as Easter Monday in some cultures.

Otter and I kind of have a Soapbox Gripe Whine session planned, so be warned.  It will have to do with things like holidays that are faith-based, Christian holy days which have been corrupted by society and frankly, should not be observed in any way, shape, form or fashion by non-Christians.

OK, now everybody's warned.

Check this out:


Otter is her parent's daughter, and that means that she's crafty.  She's creative and very much a "think outside of the box" kind of girl.  (Well, I should probably say woman insted of girl, but I'm her mother and she'll always be my little girl!)  Anyway.  Among other things, she has been refurbishing My Little Pony toys for a while.  They are very popular, with both genders and with all ages.  The refurbishing thing is pretty popular as well, and some of the people that make these things are absolutely amazing artists.  Otter decided to submit one of hers to the site that the llink goes to, and Source # 4 is hers!  It was featured on their main page.  She said that she's now famous on the internet.  And she's already working on another pony refurbish.  She's also been offered more than a few dollars for the ponies, specifically the one in the pictures.

I have been crocheting a little bit lately.  I've mostly confined it to short sessions on Saturday afternoons.  I had been wanting a regular shawl, mostly for those (many) days in Church when I freeze because the a/c is turned down to Artic temperature.  I had a prayer shawl, Green Prayer Shawl, but it was really too big - because I listened to Bill's advice on size - and I didn't use it much.  I actually donated it to Goodwill or Salvation Army a while back and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was being used as a table runner or something because it was just so darn long!  Anyway.  I wanted a regular, triangular shaped shawl for myself.  I finally found a pattern I liked and realized that I have exactly twice the amount of yarn I need for the afghan, Under Construction Still!, so I decided to use the excess green yarn.  It's coming along well but I'm not at the point of taking pictures yet.  I'm not doing much crochet at a time, but I am able to do it and it's not really hurting my arm(s) much.  When my arms start to get sore, I put the hook down and quit.  I'm finding that I'm able to work longer each time I attempt it.

And the afghan will eventually be finished.  I haven't worked on it in months because it's big enough that it covers me like a blanket and it's warm!  I would have probably already finished it, except that as wel all know, we never really had winter and cold weather.

At this point, I'm just hoping that I'll be able to drag the afghan back out and get it finished some time this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Otter. I went and checked out the pony site. The one she designed looks really cute.
Glad you can crochet again. I have not been able to quilt for a month at least. This is because of the move and all the work that entails But after we get moved I will get back to quilting. I have a few to finish and more to start. Froggy