Tuesday, November 12, 2013

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had the first hard freeze of the season last night.  It was 28 degrees when we got up this morning.  28!  Talk about cold.  The car Otter drives was just about out of gas, so I ran it up to the gas station about 6:30 a.m. and filled it up for her.  I thought my leather jacket and a cap would be enough.  I was wrong!  I came back home and was home just long enough to warm up before it was time for me to head back out the door.  I did manage to get a scarf this time, as well as putting the lining that wasn't originally in my leather jacket in it this time.  After I got outside, I realized that I should have worn my heavy coat but I didn't quite have enough time to go back inside after it.
 
It never really got much warmer.  The temperature was somewhere in the 40's ish I think, maybe a little warmer.  But the wind chill kept the "feels like" temperature about where it was when we got up.  Otter didn't have to be at work until 11:00, she said it was still pretty cold when she left and she just got home (6:45 p.m.) and said it's colder.  When I got home, I got out in the back yard and picked up the few remaining walnuts from the yard.  It was still cold!  Bill brought in a load of firewood and we are now enjoying the first fire of the season.  I made extremely hot chili for dinner tonight.  It's a good day for it.
 
It's supposed to be even colder tonight.  Like the low 20's.  Well, we have plenty of blankets!

No comments: