Thursday, November 28, 2013

Later In The Day

We're back from the feast we had with Grandpa & Sweetie.  Feast is the only word for it.  Lots of food and it was all delicious!  I did eat a bit too much - Thanksgiving rules say you have to, you know - but I didn't overdo it as much as I wanted to.  It was very hard to restrain myself, it was all so good.  We had a nice visit.  But now, I could use a nap.  It's after 4:30 so it's too late to take a nap, otherwise I would probably be in the middle of one.  Maybe I'll just go to be early instead.
 
I made the green bean casserole this morning, I used 2 small cans of mushrooms this time and I think I'll continue to add two cans to it in the future instead of just one like I normally do.  Otter's cake turned out great, it was baked last night then she assembled and decorated it this morning.  It was a poke cake, she used cranberry flavored jello to pour over it and it was really good.
 
Otter has to be in at 5:00 in the morning, the store actually opens at 7:00 but she is part of the early opening crew this time.  She was going to take herself, she really didn't want us to have to get up with her at that awful hour (4:15 a.m.!) but she is seriously afraid that she'll sleep through her alarm.  She has a loud one, but she sleeps soundly and has slept through it before.  One time, she even slept through the tornado siren and it was set up only one house away from us!  So I'm going to get up early with her and make sure she gets up, then I will probably go ahead and take her.  She gets off at 2:00 p.m., and if she's not totally exhausted we might go to a thrift store or an antique-ish store that probably won't be crowded.  I have a couple of errands tomorrow, such as the post office and the video store.  I will probably do them around the time I pick her up, then we'll see about the one or two stores.  After that, we'll most likely get pizza to bring home for Friday Night Dinner.  Bill's Friday plans consist of working on a pachinko machine, big surprise!!
 
Last night was pretty cold, we had a fire going and made 'smores.  Maggie Beagle figured out that it was warmer in the corner of the living room where the fireplace is, I guess she forgot about it since last winter.  After staring at the fireplace for a while, she picked her spot and parked her furry little behind.  Then, she scooted back until her backside was literally smooshed up against the rocks that make up the hearth.  Then, she went to sleep.  She's not a smart dog, but she does have her moments!  Froggy, the picture I texted you was of a metal toasting fork loaded with 2 marshmallows and about to get stuck in the flames.  Shortly after that, they got eaten.  And they were good!

No comments: