Sunday, November 17, 2013

Not Sure Which Season it Really is...

but it might be Spring again.  Judging by the amount of wind we've had the last couple of days, and also by the amount of allergy symptoms I've had.  I'm really thinking that it's April again!
 
I did a little thrift/antique shopping today.  Didn't find anything I wanted to buy, but I was feeling a little housebound and it was nice to get out of the house for a couple of hours.  Otter is gone to her D & D game, she'll be home sometime in the next hour-ish.  Bill spent the day working on assorted projects, including using the chain saw blade sharpener.  Which worked, by the way, and there was no blood spilled!  We got into the shed a bit this afternoon, he pulled two machines out of the never-ending-pachinko stash and he's going to start working on them this week.  But he's still got more pachinko machines than should be legal!
 
I have a "little old man" in the form of a large furry dog at my feet.  He parked himself there a little while ago and I think he's dozing off.  The beaglebrat was already snoozing, on their blankets at the end of the couch.  Lazies!
 
Froggy, I texted you the pictures of the shawl already but I've put the ruffle row on it since then.  I will get it sent to you sometime this week, possibly tomorrow (Monday.)  I'll let you know for sure when it's on the way.
 
Since I finished up Froggy's shawl, I don't really have any more UFO's.  I have temporarily put off finishing the yarn wreath until I've gotten a few planned Christmas gift projects out of the way, so I'm don't consider the wreath a UFO.  I have managed to get quite a few things finished up this year, the afghan being one of them.  Froggy, your shawl was not intended as a de-stash project, but it certainly was a good one.  I still have quite a bit of that particular yarn left, it's the same yarn as the afghan was made from and I bought a lot since I wasn't sure how much the afghan would take.  I'm sure I'll have a use for it at some point, it's really good yarn and I really like it.  But not for a while, my arms are just a bit sore after I spent most of yesterday crocheting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to getting my shawl.
I am sure that you can start more and then you will have more UFO's.
The dogs are smart. Froggy