Monday, November 25, 2013

Too Tired to Think

So I'll blog instead.
 
We did get a touch of sleet overnight, just enough to show up on the car this morning.  The roads were fine, there were just a couple of spots where they looked wet but might have been a touch icy but they were minor.  Except for a couple of bridges that had to be shut down.  But mostly, it's just cold.  Very cold.
 
Bill needed his car today, so he took Otter to work and then I picked her up.  She was supposed to get off at 3:00, she was going to walk across the street to either McD's or Arby's and get something to eat.  Then I was going to pick her up and go to the grocery store, which is in the same shopping center as where she works.  But they asked her to stay until 4:00, so I went straight to the grocery store and she walked down there when she got off work.  It was starting to mist slightly when we got out of the store, it's not supposed to continue.  I hope that it doesn't, it's still below freezing and mist combined with below freezing temperatures do not make for a good driving experience!
 
I'm taking the car to Chevy tomorrow.  It's time for an oil change but I've also noticed what could well be and oil leak.  I talked to the Chevy guy tomorrow and I'll take it in first thing.  Hopefully, it's not a bad leak and is something fixable.  Easily fixable please!
 
I haven't talked about Star Trek lately.  Guess I'd better remedy that!  We've been watching it on the local channel that carries Me TV, they show an episode on Saturday night.  A couple of years back, the shows were re-mastered and they are very well done.  The colors are brighter, the special effects are in many cases totally re-done as well.  We've only seen about 5 or so of the episodes and they are well into Season 2.  The best episodes are in Season 1, I'll eventually get to see them but I may have to look the up online.  The absolute best episode, Balance of Terror, is the one I really want to see.  My second favorite is without question Space Seed, followed by The Devil in the Dark and then (of course!) The Trouble with Tribbles.    There is one other, which is probably really my 4th favorite, so Tribbles is actually 5th on my list.  The Doomsday Machine.  After all, it is my earliest memory!  It's 2nd season, so we got to see it a couple of weeks back.  The special effects were tremendous!  Absolutely spectacular.  The way they should have been done, and would have been if today's technology had been available in the early 1960's.  The show was state of the art at the time.  There are some misguided people who don't like the upgrades, because they are not "authentic" but I love them.  Especially on episodes that have a lot of special effects - such as The Doomsday Machine, and probably Balance of Terror as well.  One other comment on the special effects and upgrades - everybody has belly buttons again!
 
RIF, y'all.

No comments: