Sunday, January 26, 2014

BEEF!

It's what's (was) for dinner.
 
I don't think that is strictly a TEXAS thing, but it might be.
 
Anyway.  Today is our 29th Wedding Anniversary.  I stopped at a local butcher store the other day and got ribeyes.  Bill got out the grill this afternoon and they were, in the words of Otter, "cooked the right way, over an open flame."  And they were delicious!  The potatoes were baked in the microwave, but the way we do it they are good and not all squashy.  There were 4 steaks, so Bill will get steak for lunch tomorrow.  The dogs were so funny, they stayed outside next to Bill (and the grill) and sniffed the entire time he was cooking the steaks.  They got a tiny amount as a treat tonight and we kept back a tiny bit for them to have treats the next couple of nights.  Maggie Moo enjoyed hers so much that she kept licking her bowl and it slid nearly half of the length of the kitchen because she was so dedicated to getting the last drop!
 
We ate too much.  Not that anybody is complaining!  But the pie will have to wait, maybe until tomorrow afternoon.  Same thing for the ice cream to be served on top of the pie.
 
Otter recovered from the bug, it doesn't seem to last too long.  But that doesn't mean it was fun for her, it's a very intense bug but then it's gone quickly.  She did have a little fever Friday afternoon/evening, but not high and no other symptoms such as achiness or anything that could be flu.  I had a touch of it, but mine was lighter than hers.  We both woke up feeling pretty good yesterday, so we went ahead with our plan which was to go to the Tulsa Flea Market.  We have an occasional "excursion" on Saturday and we'd been planning this one for the first chance we got when she didn't have to work.  It was a fun trip, very crowded at the fairgrounds because (as usual) there is always something going on out there.  The flea market opens at 8:00 but we didn't get there until about 10:30 and that meant that it took us a while to find a parking space - which was in the Back 40!  But we still had fun.  Otter didn't buy anything, I found a specific Fenton piece that I'd been looking for.  It's a rose-bowl style vase, pink cased glass (white glass over a pink glass inside) in the silvercrest pattern.  I thought about a few other things but then decided against them, but I did enjoy talking crochet with an older lady who was selling her stuff and that's always fun.  I bought a couple of things from her.  We were only gone a couple of hours total, so we still got home in time to have an afternoon nap!
 
However, Bill decided to share in the fun and he started feeling icky last night.  I woke up a few times because he was so stuffy he snored loud enough to be heard in the next county.  At one point, I could hear him talking about being cold so I got him two blankets and went back to sleep.  When I got up this morning (before he did), I discovered that he already had a larger blanket folded over two or three times so he was well layered before he started feeing cold.  He slept in this morning but he felt much better by late morning so we went ahead with our day.
 
Today, we went to a nearby town for our semi-regular "last Sunday of the Month" fun day.  We actually went to an antique store that we like (Froggy, the one with the train caboose and next to the concrete place) but we don't get there very often.  About once a year, it seems like.  I found another Fenton piece, Froggy remember the rose colored small vase you got me at the Tulsa Flea Market a few years back?  This one is the same size but the top ruffle is slightly different and it's blue opalescent.  After that, we stopped by the store where our booth is and I finally gave in and bought a small pink hobnail Fenton vase that I've been lusting after for what feels like forever.  I finally decided that I'd better get it now, because eventually someone else would have realized what it was and it would be gone.  That's 3 pieces this weekend, but they are all fairly rare pieces and were good finds.
 
I got some crochet done yesterday and today on your "whatevers", Froggy.  I'm still not telling.  :)
 
Now, I think I'm going to sit on the couch with a glass of wine and enjoy my evening.  And the memory of the great meal we just had!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Froggy