Wednesday, January 15, 2014

More Stuff I Didn't Get to Blog About

Last Sunday, Bill got out into the shed.  He took every single pachinko and aripachi machine out, put them on a large tarp that was on the grass and then he put them all back in the shed again.  This time, they are organized.  Sort-of, this is Bill we are talking about here!  I was going to help him, but the wind was blowing hard and just going outside was enough to send me into an immediate & severe allergy spell.
 
The mouse tally is now 6.  Otter got one today, it was in the trap behind the chest of drawers in her room.  It was another young female.  She needs to put another trap in there, but she hasn't had time yet.  The trap behind the toilet in our bathroom was still there, but the bait wasn't.  Otter re-baited it and put it back, the one behind the door to our bathroom was still baited so it was left alone.  We haven't had them this bad in years, I think the building going on behind us probably has a lot to do with it.
 
We checked the tulip bed this afternoon.  No sign of tulips yet, it's still a bit early.  But the confused daffodils are coming up in one spot.  They never seem to know what season it actually is, they just come up when they feel like it I guess!
 
The news has been talking about the fact that it's peak flu season right now.  It's also RSV season, it usually peaks in December but it's later this year.  RSV is very dangerous, I'm sure Froggy agrees with me on that.  It can be very serious.  I'm less "worried" about the flu this year, the cdc announced that they got the mix right on the flu shots.
 
Bill and the neighbor (he's a mechanic) are going to attempt to replace the fuel level sensor in his Impala tomorrow afternoon.  It's got less than 1/2 a gallon of gas in it.  Otter is very anxious for the repair to be finished, I don't blame her.  It's not any fun driving a car when you don't really know how much gas it has - if any!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RSV can be very bad especially got young kids.
My daffodils are not up at all yet. I am glad it is too early for them.Froggy

Otter Mom said...

My daffys never know where they are or what season it is. They come up when they feel like it and they are never where they were the previous year!