Thursday, January 02, 2014

In The Zone

It's my turn to be in the Twilight Zone today.  I think I have what Otter had yesterday.  Mild, but it's still there.  I wasn't feeling the best last night, but I thought I was just tired.  I had a slight headache when I got up this morning and felt a little icky.  After a while, I felt better and we had breakfast.  I took motrin, which helped.  I had a couple of errands and I wanted to go to a thrift store, so I did that.  I left about 11:00 and it took a little over an hour.  Before my last stop, I started to feel cruddy.  So, I got my last stop over quickly and then came home.  Mostly, I've been parked on the couch.  With a blanket, which also comes with the required foot-warming beagle!  I've eaten a little, my stomach is feeling better than it did earlier but I don't want to push it.  Bill built a nice fire this morning and he's kept it going all day.  It's actually quite warm in the living room, it looks warm outside but it isn't.
 
We didn't get much in the way of snow overnight, just a dusting.  A very small dust at that.  Otter is recovered from the bug, she went to her friend's house.  They were going somewhere for lunch and then to the movies.  Since the weather was good (just cold!), she borrowed Bill's car.  They were going to see the new Hunger Games movie, Catching Fire.  Hopefully, it's as good as we've heard.
 
Tomorrow is our last day of vacation/holidays.  It's been a good vacation, we wanted a slow & quiet vacation and it's been that.  I hate it when vacations zip by, but this one hasn't and we've enjoyed it.  But it's going to be hard to get up and go to work come Monday morning.  For one thing, it's going to be even colder next week!

No comments: