Thursday, January 23, 2014

It's a Cold One

It's actually been cold since yesterday.  Or maybe the day before!  After a while, the days are all running together and all I know is that it is cold.  C.O.L.D.  And windy.
 
I read something on a Texas-related blog recently.  It's entirely correct.  The poster basically said that he'd take the normal (for us) 200+ degree summers, but "you" can keep the cold!  It's one of those Texan Rules (we have quite a few) that we can (and do) complain all we want about cold weather.  So, we do!  LOTS.
 
After all, incandescently high temperatures are our natural environment.  :)  And we like it that way.
 
Of course as I type this, Froggy (near Austin, TEXAS) has snow.  She reports that it's just a dusting, but it still counts.
 
Otter was sick yesterday, we thought she had allergies but apparently what she had was a short-term bug that she probably got from someone she works with.  Her boss offered her an extra few hours today, so she worked 5 hours that weren't on her schedule originally.  Apparently, a lot of people she works with have or had this bug and the boss said that they seem to have a carrier monkey among their employees.  Carrier Monkey.  I like that phrase, I'm going to use it whenever I can.  She also said that her boss was coming down with it today, in fact he even felt so bad that he was heading to the emergency room.  I think he was afraid of flu, but that is not what the bug is as far as we can tell.  He might have had something else, or maybe he really did have the flu.
 
Unfortunately, Otter carried it home with her and Bill came home from work about 12:30 with "tummy troubles" which is part of it.
 
Since Bill got home so early, and it is so cold, he got the fireplace going the minute he got home.  It was nice to walk into a toasty house when I got home - especially since it was probably in the teens!
 
I went to the booth yesterday after work.  No machines sold yet, but some of the smaller things have been sold.  I will probably go by tomorrow after work, I have a couple of small things to take but if I don't make it until Sunday it's ok.
 
Sunday is our 29th Wedding Anniversary.  We're going to start celebrating on Saturday.  I'm making monkey bread for breakfast!  We're going to have steaks on Sunday and we're going to go to a local antique-ish store on Sunday.  Considering that one Anniversary was spent steam cleaning the carpet and another one was spent replacing a sewer line at our old house, I think this one is going to be 100% better spent.

No comments: