Sunday, January 19, 2014

Stuff We've Been Up To Lately

Mousies, mostly.
 
The tally is 7.  Maybe 8, we may have forgotten one.  One was a male, the rest have been female.  We got the latest one in our bathroom yesterday, it was the trap behind the door in our bathroom.  Two have been in Otter's room, there are probably more there.  One has been in the dining room, it's probably the one that came in the dog door when I was in the kitchen.  The rest have all been in the back part of the house.  Otter has been rearranging her craft/sewing/fun supplies in her room in an effort to give the mice as few places as possible to hide/nest in.  I'm thinking that I need to take everything out of my closet and look for any access areas.  They are coming from somewhere!
 
A lot of it is probably because of all the construction behind us.  Speaking of the construction behind us, we were making breakfast yesterday morning and Bill noticed that he could see the lady who lives in the house behind us.  Specifically, he could see the top of her head and she was standing on her patio up near her door.  And she was very obviously trying to see over our fence into our windows!  We don't know if she could see in the window itself or not, but when I walked to the window she very suddenly turned away and acted like she'd been caught out at something.  Yes, we were dressed - but Bill said that he's very tempted to not be the next time he stands in front of the window in the dining room.  :)
 
This is a test to see if blogger will let me post a picture:


Obviously, it did.
 
I'm still having computer issues, I've found my pictures but only through blogger.  The computer itself still says that the drives/files/folders do not exist.  I have 3 or 4 pictures Otter took of our booth today that I've been trying to post.  But the computer won't let me save them because the drives/files/folders do not exist - except that they do!
 
I'll keep trying.
 
Anyway, Otter and I went to the booth today to add a few things.  Finally, something has sold.  Not a pachinko machine, however.  Bill had a marble statue of a bird that he got at an auction many years ago, he put it in the booth and it was gone today.  Also, two of Otter's crafted My Little Pony necklaces have sold.  Lots of things were moved around, so people are at least looking at our booth.  We are probably only going to keep it for the 3 months we are obligated to.
 
Bill and the neighbor got the issue with his Impala solved fairly easily.  Bill did some research online and discovered that the later models of the cars built on the Impala frame have an access panel that is underneath the rear seat.  He had to remove the seat, but that wasn't too difficult.  But it was dirty!  There was quite a bit of debris that was obviously from when I was driving that car - like candy that young Otter lost behind the seat, a couple of toy tags, a quarter, etc.  They got the access panel off and the tank was right underneath it, it was basically a "plug and play" operation after that.  Remove the old piece and replace it with the new sensor.  Then they just had to replace the access panel and the seat.  Bill went to fill the car up when they got it finished, the sensor obviously works now.  Otter's relieved, she was afraid of running out of gas when she was driving it.
 
Testing, again:

That about sums up my philosophy of life!
 
I'm going to make chili for dinner tonight.  We still have tamales in the freezer, I think I'm going to get a dozen out and we'll have them with the chili.  If Otter is lucky, we'll save her some tamales.  She's gone to meet J at a local game arcade that is across the street from where she works.
 
But we might just eat them all!

No comments: