Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Tales From the Twilight Zone

Today is New Year's Day and the ScyFy channel has their traditional Twilight Zone marathon on.  We've watched several episodes, we've seen a lot of our favorites.  At the moment, Otter's favorite episode is on.  Number 12 Looks Just Like You is the title.
 
She's kind of been in the Twilight Zone herself today.  She hasn't felt the best for the last couple of years, she felt really tired and not-so-good last night.  She was supposed to go to work at 9:00 this morning and get off at 5:00, but she woke up with a tremendous headache this morning (it started last night, actually) so she slept in a little later than the 7:00 she intended to get up.  She was going to get up a little late and then still go in, but about 8:00 she started throwing up and did that a few times off and on during the day.  She called in, this is the first time she's missed a day so I think that her boss understood.  Otter was afraid that they might think she partied too hard last night, but she doesn't have anything to worry about.  Her New Year's Eve celebration consisted of two tamales, a few chips with some salsa and about half a glass of champagne.  And that was about 8:00, she went to bed around 10:00.
 
Bill's been working on his toys, he got most of the sanding box put together yesterday and he finished assembling it this morning.  He also cut some wood that he needed for pachinko cabinets.  We had to go to Ace Hardware this afternoon, he ran out of the specific screws he needed and a few other parts.  While we were out, we got Subway to bring home.  Otter's is in the fridge, she might eat part of it later on since her stomach seems to have calmed down.  Subway had a $5.00/footlong special which was a surprise.  It might just be for today, I don't know.  I didn't know that they had it until I went to pay for our sandwiches.  Other than that outing, we've been home all day.
 
We brought firewood in this afternoon.  Today was cool but not cold, but it could get very cold tonight.  We have a chance of snow, although it's not certain and probably won't be deep if it does actually hit.  But it will probably be cold enough for a fire in the morning.  Otter was originally going to go to a friend's house and then they were going to the movies, but she's going to see how she feels tomorrow and then decide.  If they do go, she said she might want me to drive them.
 
Bill got the mini blinds hung in the kitchen window yesterday.  They fit perfectly.  I put all the stuff back in the windowsill, the venus flytrap and a few things Texas related.  I thought about putting my curtains back in their, but I think I'm going to leave them in my quilt/curtain pile.  Although I don't know when I'm going to work on the curtains, that was my original plan for this vacation but things keep getting in the way.  Like pachinko related work and Bill needing help assembling the sandblasting box!
 
I did manage to get a bit of crochet done to start the new year.  Of course, it got frogged out immediately because I miscounted stitches!  But, at least I got some done.  Have to start the year out the right way!

No comments: