Sunday, January 05, 2014

Warm Feet

A beagle makes a wonderful foot warmer.  I highly recommend it!  Of course, they like blankets so you might need to have one over your feet to attract a furry warmer.  Frasier is snoozing on their blankets at the moment, but he's been clingy today.  I think he'd prefer to go outside, but he's not inclined to go get cold.
 
The forecasters got it right this time, they almost got it last time but it missed us.  This time, it didn't miss.  It's been snowing since sometime in the night, I think we probably have anywhere from 1 to 2" but there is very little ice with it.  There is a small amount of ice, so we aren't going anywhere today but mostly it is "just" snow.  It has been coming down all day, it's just after 1:00 now and it's tapering off.  I have 4 seed feeders out and a lot of bird seed tossed around the yard.  The 2 suet feeders are still up, they last a long time although they have had plenty of visitors of the feathered variety.  Including 2 male cardinals and at least one female.
 
I did get a little crochet done, I started a cotton washcloth.  But now that I'm about 1/4 of the way through I'm not sure if I'll have enough of that particular yarn color.  I'll keep working on it, when I get to about 1/2 way done I'll look at it again and decide then.  If I don't have enough of that yarn, I have plenty of other cotton yarn in colors that will work with it.
 
I'm feeling housebound.  Otter doesn't work today, so we're all hanging around the house.  In front of the fireplace, mostly.  Bill's been taking a pachinko machine apart to restore it.
 
It's a chili day, as well as a chilly day.  Chili is on the menu for dinner tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know being housebound gets old, but enjoy it if you can for all the times you wish you could stay home.
Froggy