Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Roller Coaster Week!

This week is what the forecasters refer to as a Roller Coaster.  Warm Monday.  Cold Tuesday.  Warm Wednesday.  Cold Thursday.  Warm Friday.
 
Today is Tuesday, so we're on the downward slide of the roller coaster and it's cold.  COLD!
 
However, it's still upswing as far as allergies are concerned!  Lovely Mountain Cedar, I'd like to burn it all up.
 
Sunday is our 29th Wedding Anniversary.  We don't have any big plans, it's the last Sunday of the month and we try to do something fun as a family on the last Sunday.  This time, we're probably going to hit a couple of antique stores in our small town or possibly in one of the close small towns.  For our Anniversary, we're having our "standard default meal" of steak and baked potatoes.  I already knew what the other two carnivores would want, but I asked them anyway - just to be nice.  Steak got all three votes, but nobody is surprised about that!  Bill's going to get out the grill for the steaks this time.  I'm going to the butcher shop on Friday and get them, Bill keeps reminding me that he wants 1" thick steaks (at least.)
 
Otter and I went to Hobby Lobby this afternoon.  Froggy - you already saw a picture of the yarn I bought for the "whatever" I'm making for you.  We noticed that the Easter stuff is out already.  It's still January and Easter is not until April 20!  Geesh.  Obviously, Easter is an important day to be observed.  The most important one, actually.  But the stuff that is on sale is all "fluff" for lack of a better word.
 
I'm going to go by the booth tomorrow after work.  I don't really expect anything to have been sold, although I hope that something has.  Mostly, pachinko machines!  But it's been a couple of days so I am going to go by and reorganize anything that might have been rearranged.  I might make a few more things for the booth, but I'm not inclined to at the moment.  Bill's probably got two more machines he's going to put in it.  I have been cleaning out misc. stuff but haven't come across anything else that I want to put in it.
 
Otter's been tossing a few ideas around for her next cosplay adventure.  She's going to the comic convention in Tulsa this summer, she will probably do what she did last summer and get a group of her girlfriends together.  They'll rent a room at the hotel that hosts the convention, and they'll spend the entire weekend there.  She thinks she's narrowed down her costume for the main one, which she'll wear on the Saturday.  She will probably have a less detailed costume for the Friday night but she's not sure if she'll plan anything for Sunday since it's mostly just in the morning and a lot of vendors/activities are done and gone by Sunday morning.  It's a pretty well-known con (con is short for convention) and it is attended by a lot of people who come from surrounding states.  But there is an even bigger one in the Fall.  She's definitely going to that one - and I don't blame her.  Stan Lee will be there!  No way she can skip out on that one.  Stan Lee!  Talk about the Big Dog.  He's about the biggest.  She'll probably rerun her main costume from the summer con for the Fall con.
 
No more mice lately, but we haven't replaced most of the traps yet.  The remaining one in our bathroom, behind the toilet, has no bait left so there is still at least one rodent.  Probably more.
 
Froggy, I'm still not telling.  No more details, but you might get a sneak peak later on.  Other than the one you got today, of three skeins of yarn in my basket at Hobby Lobby!

No comments: