Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Has Been a Long Time Getting Here

But it finally got here.
 
TGIF!
 
This has been such a long week, it started out with major sadness.  I was also still dealing with the after-effects of the flu shot on Monday and I think that next year I will go back to my original plan of Labor Day weekend.  Sometimes, I really need that third day (Monday) to recover and this was one of those years.  I managed to make it to work on Monday, but I was sluggish all day long.
 
We've been having internet issues all week, also.  It was an area-wide problem, our internet service provider was aware of the problem and was working on it.  They finally got it fixed last night.  Hopefully, it will stay fixed!
 
Bill went by the lumber yard Wednesday.  They had quite a bit of smaller cut pieces that a lot of people use in chimineas.  They said he could have all he could load into the El Camino, it brings us up to about a cord of firewood and we haven't had to pay for any of it yet.  He's going to go back for more, probably the larger stuff and he will attempt to pay for it this time.  Most likely sometime next week, depending on the weather.  It could be rainy.
 
Bill saw the doctor yesterday about his hand.  It was a skin cancer, the lab report showed that it was the 2nd stage and not the first stage like the doctor originally thought but it was still not the bad kind.  He took out 7 of the 16 stitches, the remaining stitches are in an area that he was afraid might not heal up as fast and he was right about that.  It is healing, it's just an area that is harder to heal as far as incisions go so he left a few stitches in.  Bill could go back in a week, or he can take them out himself - you probably already know that he's going the DIY route!  They gave him a set of disposable scissors and tweezer, although they will most likely be run through the dishwasher and then join the other tools in the pachinko workroom!
 
I took off the entire day yesterday.  I took Otter to work at 7:00 a.m. and dropped off a carload of recycling at the recycling center.  I went to the doctor with Billyboy, then we had a couple of errands.  Otter got off at noon, we picked her up and went out for lunch.  We had Chinese, there is a pretty good buffet we go to sometimes and that's where we decided on.  Since we were off, we went to an antique-ish booth store in our small town - not the one where our booth is, but down the street from it.  Otter found another picnic basket, not a Redman like her other two but older.  It will work perfectly for her craft supplies, she has fabric in the other two.  The one she got yesterday also had plastic cutlery inside, some of it was cracked and thrown out but some of it was just dirty.  It got washed up and she'll probably incorporate it into her craft stuff as well.
 
I am nearly through with my second donate scarf, I started it yesterday morning and got almost done with it.  Put myself to sleep at one point, I was sitting on the couch crocheting and the next thing I knew I was waking up!
 
Guess I was influenced by my oh-so-energetic (not!) dogs.  They've been snoozing on the floor at my feet ever since I sat down to blog!

No comments: