Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday. Still Waving.

Yes, I am still riding the Wave.  But yesterday was worse than today.  Yesterday, I spent most of the day being lazy because I felt cruddy.  Just bad enough to know I felt bad but not as horrible as I've sometimes had with the flu shot reaction.  I never actually had fever, but it felt like it a couple of times.  I had a mild headache most of the day and occasional achiness.  I felt much better today, but this afternoon I'm back to feeling tired.  We went out to lunch at a Mexican place we had a gift card for, but that's about it.  I did mange to get one load of laundry done but it's not put up yet.  I don't know if I'm going to get anymore done today or not, but everybody's got enough clean clothes for the next couple of days!
 
Thunderstorms yesterday mid-morning.  They were loud and there was a lot of rain.  Then it cleared up and got humid!  We had a small thunderstorm this morning.  Now, it's back to sunny and humid.  We're probably still under the rain amount average, though.
 
There was another wasp starting a nest right outside the back door.  Bill went out the back door yesterday and I saw it dive at him but it didn't quite connect.  He knocked the small nest down but the evilness came back later.  He hit it with the spray just now.  Hate those things!  But, we think we now know why Maggie Moo is so skittish of flying bugs that make buzzing noises.  She's probably been tagged by bees or wasps in the past and associates flying buzzing things with pain.  She's ok if she can see the fly or moth, but if they are not visible to her she will hide.  Don't think I blame her!
 
I did manage to get some crochet done yesterday.  I made a couple of face scrubbies, they are supposed to be made out of cotton yarn but I think the cotton yarn is a little to hard on the skin.  Otter uses hers frequently, but mine is a different brand of cotton yarn and that may be why they feel different.  Anyway, hers was starting to show wear.  When we were in Hobby Lobby the other day, I found a new yarn.  It's bamboo with silk, and it is very soft.  It's also fairly strong, silk is stronger than people realize.  The skeins are small.  They are also $5.99.  Otter absolutely fell in love with it, and started talking about needing a new scrubbie.  But then she said that $5.99 was too much to pay for a small skein - guess she's forgotten about the mink yarn!  I let her think that I wouldn't buy it, but then I went back when she wasn't with me and got one that has a lot of purples in it.  I made her new scrubbie yesterday morning, she pretty much immediately ran to take a shower so she could try it out.  She said it works great and felt much softer than the cotton one did.  I'll probably make one for myself eventually.  I have a new de-stash project, I'm making scarves to donate.  I've done that before.  I still want to make chemo caps, but I'm not happy with any of my cap patterns for that at the moment.
 
Bill cleaned out the outside air conditioner unit.  For some reason, it gets full of tan dog fur on a regular basis.  Can't imagine why!


No comments: