Friday, August 08, 2014

Riding the Wave

Got flu shot just after 4:30.  Around 4:45, I felt the first edges of the Wave.  (The Wave is what I call the flu shot reaction, it hits like a wave.  Starts small, then builds.)  We got all our errands done so that Walgreen's was the last stop, I needed to get milk but we got it there.  So all we had to do after getting the shots was to head home.  There's no way to tell for sure, sometimes the speed of the Wave hitting means a worse reaction.  Sometimes not.  But I kind of expect this year's Wave to be a harder one.  We'll see, I guess.
 
At any rate, I'm parked on the couch and that's pretty much the extent of my Friday evening activities!  The frozen lasagna is going in the oven as soon as it warms up, we also have garlic toast and I just might have to get into the Bluebell Cookies & Cream ice cream I picked up at the grocery store last night.  Or maybe not, the ice cream might wait until tomorrow.  Either way, the ice cream is in the freezer and we'll eat it.  Bill got into it last night, he always get to partake of the post-shot ice cream even if he doesn't get the shot - he has to put up with me/us dealing with reactions so he deserves it!  Besides, he got cut on last week and he's still got 16 stitches on the back of his hand so I think that counts.
 
Bill's actually doing really good, he worked Wednesday and yesterday but his hand was kind of sore this morning and slightly swollen, so he decided to stay home today and rest it.  I have not heard anything from the lab report, so I'm thinking the doctor probably got all of it.  He gets the stitches removed on Thursday, he's ready for that already.
 
Froggy, your Care Box is on it's way to you.  It will probably be Tuesday, but you might look for it on Monday.  Just some stuff to keep you occupied while you recover from your ankle surgery in 2 weeks.
 
Maggie Moo is nuts.  She was bouncy and crazed while ago, she came in from whatever she'd been doing out in the yard and had a serious case of the Zoomies.  Then she quit running around like a headless chicken, played Carpet Shark for a while and now is parked beside me with a worried expression.  The worried face generally means that she saw a bug that she couldn't catch, which means it must be a Bad Bug and that it will eat her.  Nobody ever said the beagle was overloaded with brains!

No comments: