Saturday, August 30, 2014

Yeah, I Know


3 is a collection, 4 is an addiction.  But I'm not sure if that applies to me or not!



After all, it's not a Coach!
 
I have 3 Coach bags, but this one is Something else entirely.  However, it's my 6th "Better Bag" so it might count.  Actually it's my 7th, but one of them was a thrift store purchase although it is a leather, SAS brand purse.  Actually, my "gateway" Coach was also from a thrift store but I was actively looking for a Coach at that point.
 
I already know what Froggy will say.  But in my defense, I have been lusting after a Brahmin for quite a while but I was having a problem paying that much for a bag.  Even if it is top of the line leather!  They almost never actually go on sale.  Otter and I were in Dillards, which I probably should avoid but I never do, and I mentioned to her that I was probably safe to walk though the better purses section since Brahmin pretty much never go on sale.  Except, today, apparently they do!  The one I bought is more of a cream color with light gold-ish highlights, but it's the same purse as in the picture.  The leather is very good and it is made to look like crocodile although it isn't.  However, it does have that distinctive smell that really good leather has so it's not where I normally park my purses - I'm taking no chances with this one and it's well out of dog/coyote/chupacabra reach!
 
On to other things.  Otter and I took advantage of the fact that she was off work today and ran off to go shopping.  We started out at a couple of fabric stores, she found a pattern she liked and also fabric to make another circle skirt (her cosplay pattern was a circle skirt) and I found the perfect fabric for the back of the lap quilt I'm making for Bill - I'm currently collecting fabric for it that fits Billyboy - tools, hammers, robots, Dr. Suess, bandaids, etc.  It's going to be a lap sized blanket.  The fabric I bought today is reminiscent of pin-up girls from the 40's and 50's, cowgirls (mostly redheads!) and cactus.  We went to the mall so she could get a Build-a-Bear puppy made for a friend's birthday gift and I managed to stay out of the Coach store - not that it mattered!  We went to Michaels and she found a few things there.
 
While we were at Dillards, we had to check out the shoe department.  I've been having worse issues with the plantar fasciitis lately and I've had several people recommend croc shoes to me - I think that they are pretty ugly and not something I'd really ever wear but I'm at the point of desperation.  The salesman was very attentive and he showed me several different brands that also will work - Dillards trains their people very well and he was actually very enjoyable to deal with (I know about Dillards employee training from experience, I worked at Dillards a long while back and they are very thorough.)  The problem is in my heel, it's essentially a bruised muscle and what actually helps it is arch support with a little padding on the heel.  I did wind up with a pair of crocs shoes, but they are not the tackytackytacky clog-type shoes.  These remind of me of swimming shoes, but they feel pretty good on my tender heel and they don't hit on the wrong spot below the weathertoes.
 
Froggy, you said you were going to live vicariously through me today since you are still housebound, I hope I gave you enough details!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes you gave good details. I am still shopping through you.
Yes it is an addiction. ALL the purses count, even ones from the thrift store and other brands.
Froggy