Friday, August 01, 2014

Talk to the Hand!

But I don't know if it will listen.
 
Bill's hand is doing ok, it's still bandaged and wrapped so we don't actually know how the incision looks but he thinks it's ok.  It does hurt a bit, but he's probably used it too much today.  He is trying to let it rest, but it's pretty hard not to use your hands.  He had Otter helping him today, she washed pachinko parts and was at home in case he needed help with anything.
 
He's on his own tomorrow, at least for several hours.  Tax-Free Weekend!  Otter and I are going shopping.  We are going to one of the malls, then we'll see where else we need to go.  I'm thinking Wallyworld but that might be Sunday, depending on how crowded the mall is and how long it takes us.  Not that we really have anything specific there to look for, although I'm sure we'll find things.
 
I picked up Bill's prescription at Walgreen's this afternoon.  I was about to ask when they would get the flu shots in, and the counter display popped up with "Flu Shots Available Now" so that question was answered.  I did confirm that they have it in stock, and they do.  Otter is off next Friday, Saturday and Sunday so we're going to get our flu shots next Friday.  I guess I'd better get to Braums on Thursday then!  We'll probably get Subway for dinner next Friday, flu shot days are made as easy on me as possible because of the reaction I usually have.  It's early to get the shot, but the thought used to be to wait until about September or October because the protection wouldn't last very long.  But it turns out that either it does last longer or the vaccine has been reworked, because it will last until next Summer.  I prefer not to wait on this one, I want to get it as soon as I can.  I usually aim for Labor Day weekend, that way I have Monday off because sometimes I have bad reactions.  But I'm not waiting that long this year, Otter generally has a much milder reaction that I do but she has had harder ones some years.  So, since she's got the entire weekend off next week we are going to get the shots done then and out of the way.  We'll share our ice cream with Billyboy, since he has to put up with me (and sometimes both of us) feeling icky and being grumpy all weekend.  Payback for us taking care of him this weekend!
 
We had our Anniversary Pizza today.  I stopped by Little Ceaser's on the way home.  I bought three pizzas with the idea of leftovers.  Looks like it's pizza for breakfast tomorrow.  Good shopping fuel!

No comments: