Sunday, July 22, 2007

Burning though the book!

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and could not go back to sleep for anything. So I got dressed and went to Wallyworld! I left Bill and the Otter both sleeping, and I was walking into the store at 5:45. I had to get a couple of grocery items, if it had been just a trip for the book I would have dragged the kiddo out of bed and made her go with me!

When I got home, I flipped the pages of the book in her ear a couple of times. Her eyes popped open immediately and she started grabbing! She's over half way through it now, and I'm about a quarter through it. I told her she had to do a few chores, which she did in record time, but that was mostly so I would get a chance at it! She may well finish it today, by tomorrow at the latest. It's pretty good, but it is different from the previous books. No spoilers from me! :)

Our tenant called a couple of hours ago. This time, he really is moving! Probably by the 1st or possibly by the 2nd, but this time for real. I'm not really surprised, although we were hoping he would stay for a while. Or at least move early in the month after he'd paid rent! I've already called our listing agent, she will handle it from here on. She was going to call him and arrange the walk-through, and then as soon as he's out we will see what we need to do. And then she's going to put out the For Sale sign. Hopefully, it will sell fast and for what we want. I wish he had done this earlier or a little later, because August is not the best time as people generally want to be moved well before the school year starts. But I guess we'll just have to leave it all in God's hands. The leasing agent said that we can legally keep his deposit because as per the lease he should have given us 30 days notice. But we don't feel right about that, so unless there is damage we aren't planning on keeping the deposit. Except for the small amount that is non-refundable because of the dogs.

I got all the morning glories stripped off the back fence to about a foot down from the electric wire. It will probably be grown up past the wire again within a few days, that stuff grows fast! But at least now we don't have to worry about the fence itself becoming electrified or the wire shorting out. Frasier never figured out that the fence was turned off for about a week, but as smart as he is it would only have been a matter of time until he did. He spent a lot of time trying to get a locust that was just on the other side of the fence. I finally reached through the fence and pulled the bug inside so he could see it, and then he immediately lost interest in it - just like a kid! If he thought he was being kept from it, he would have probably tried to eat it. Not that I would have let him! I sent it on it's merry way over the fence, and it landed back in the dirt but way out of his vision. And then I had to dump, scrub & refill the dog's outside water dish because it had wrigglers!

Anybody want to buy a 3 bedroom, 1 bath house on the NE side of Tulsa?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad that you are enjoying the book.
You probably want to be very careful about your house being locked, especialy when otter is home. It sounds like whoever it is knows when no one is there and that the dogs are friendly. you may also want to let your neighbors know so they can be careful also. froggy

Otter Mom said...

All gates are now padlocked. The electric fence is back up and running. I really do feel like it might have been the electric company, although they denied it, based on what the told me. But we are being very careful just in case.