Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tuesday, Mostly Grumbling Today

It rained today. And then it was humid. Really humid. Worst I've had to deal with in years! It was so icky that just walking from the car to the door was a chore because humidity, especially high humidity, always makes my asthma kick in. Otter had problems with her asthma, and she seldome ever reacts to humidity. She wasn't able to finish karate today, she was in real distress but she bounced back after we came home and she parked on the couch for a while. But she had to use her inhaler several times.

We got Otter's schedule for school today. She has algreba first class. My comment is that at least she'll be getting that one out of the way early in the day! Her foreign language choice is Spanish, that is her last class of the day. We suggested she take Spanish because that is the language she's most likely to use. She has Debate as one of her electives. Somehow, I just don't think that it is going to be a difficult class for her!

Progress is slow at the rent house, but mostly because Bill couldn't get this week off. He's off next week instead. He's nearly finished painting the bathroom, he changed locks and has taken down the hardware in the bathroom so it can be replaced. He's done a lot of little misc. things. Now that we've had time to think about it, I think we made the right decision regarding selling it now. We could still sell it, but in order to get what we really think it is worth we need to do the door work and the plan now is to do that several months down the road - like in a year if we have a tenant change then. Until then, we'll just keep doing what we have been doing.

Since we aren't selling the rent house right now, we will be keeping the P.O. box. We are just about out of the eBay business, but it's a good & safe idea to have a mailing address other than our home for a tenant. So if anybody mails us, the P.O. box address will still be valid.

Sales Tax Free weekend is nearly here! We plan to take full advantage of it. We cleaned out Otter's shoes last night, she's outgrown most of them. She tried on her coat, it will still work for this year. But out of all the millions of pairs of gloves that we have, I could only find two that had both sides! So I guess gloves are on the list as well, although probably not yet as they aren't really in the stores yet. Winter wear should be making an appearance soon, though.

I've given up (for the moment at least) on posting pictures on here. I follow the directions and do everything I'm supposed to, but it never works. So since I can't show you what was in the wonderful surprise box from my friend Shara, I'll just tell you! First was an absolutely adorable stuffed animal set - an Otter mom and baby! Very appropriate, don't you think! My Otter immediately claimed them, they are on her bed with her other stuffed otters. Also a metal platter "TEXAS" of course. It's going to be hung on the wall in the entrance way with all my other TEXAS stuff. She sent me a nice book of proverbs with cute illustrations, a nice card and 4 older Oklahoma maps. The maps are neat by themselves, but I've seen different craft ideas using them. It was very nice to receive all the goodies, Shara. You are very thoughtful! And one of these days, I might actually get a picture on here.

The Magginator got her shots yesterday. She had a great time, she got to go for a car ride and meet all sorts of other doggies, she got lots of attention, walked around the petstore several times and just had a good time in general. Until the vet called us and we walked into the little exam room. That's when she tried to back out the door! When that didn't work, she got in the corner and tried to turn invisible. She got three shots, poor little pin cushion! She was very happy to leave there. As we were walking out, a family was bringing in the biggest German Shepard I have ever seen. Absolutely georgeous dog! And he was happy, until he realized where he was. I could tell exactly when that happened, because he just dropped. All four feet tucked up underneath his body, and he hit the floor. The family was unable to get him to move, it took all of them AND an employee. They finally had to lift the dog up onto a flatbed-type cart and roll him back to get his shots! I didn't feel so bad about Maggie being so silly after that.

Froggy, watch out for sneakies in your yard! After you described the one you saw today, it sounds like it might be the rattly kind. So please don't take any chances. I hope you have a shovel or something to keep with you, in case you suddenly have to decaptitate something slithery.

I saw a bumper sticker today that I really liked. It was a play on the Don't Mess with Texas campaign. It said Don't Mess with Texas Women. I think I might want one of those.

No comments: